Im back and ready for more

Options
I havent been on mfp in several weeks. still been working hard and have reached my half way point. need to get back to logging my food. i have been working out like a crazy person and not losing a whole lot of weight. i know it is because i am not eating enough. yesterday i burned over 1000 calories on my 2 a day workout. I only ate salads all day so I know that was bad. i need help in choosing the right foods to eat to help me lose the weight i want. i know i am changinig my body because my waist has gone down 3 in. but need to work on those hips. any suggt???? glad to be back, missed all of you!! Angie:flowerforyou:

Replies

• amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    I havent been on mfp in several weeks. still been working hard and have reached my half way point. need to get back to logging my food. i have been working out like a crazy person and not losing a whole lot of weight. i know it is because i am not eating enough. yesterday i burned over 1000 calories on my 2 a day workout. I only ate salads all day so I know that was bad. i need help in choosing the right foods to eat to help me lose the weight i want. i know i am changinig my body because my waist has gone down 3 in. but need to work on those hips. any suggt???? glad to be back, missed all of you!! Angie:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome back:flowerforyou:
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    Thanks Anna
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Okay I'm back. I had to run cause my boss was in the room.

Things to eat?

Here's what I normally eat (1400 calories a day + exercise calories I always eat all my calories), we eat pretty normal foods, you just have to konw when to stop. Also when I'm making supper I will cook a ton of veggies and cook them first so I can pick at them while I"m cooking the rest of the meal, also this makes me not eat as much during supper.

Breakfast
    1 piece of fruit & 2 whole eggs, most days
    other days cereal w/milk, oatmeal, green tea blueberry smoothy, carnation instant breakfast, toast & a piece of fruit

Snack (usually have 3 or 4 a day)

Fiber One bar
    Cheese & V-8 (love pepper jack cheese)
    Fruit
    Dried cranberries
    Raisens
    Yogurt with blueberries and almonds
    almonds
    100 calorie pack
    cookie
    toast with peanut butter
    crackers & cheese
    apple sauce
    boiled egg
    carrots

Lunch
    Broth based soup (at least 3 days a week, we make homemade and freeze it for later use, but healthy choice and progresso have some good ones and a whole can is like 200 calories)
    Subway sandwich or salad
    frozen low cal dinner (not very often)
    lean pocket (not very often)
    Tuna salad on melba toast made with LF dressing
    Chicken salad (maked with LF dressing almonds, celery, onions and grapes) on wasa toast

Supper

Pizza, 1 slice
    Spaghette, 1 cup noodles only
    Stir fry made with chicken, shrimp or beef and tons of veggies and a little rice
    Grilled steak, chicken breast or salmon, 1/2 baked potatoe & broccoli
    Tuna Casserole
    lasagna
    Runza's
  • tessy
    tessy Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome back Angie! Hey Anna great food ideas. There are few in there I hadn't thought of.
    What about the carnation instant breakfast? I always thought that was kind of high on calories?
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Welcome back Angie! Hey Anna great food ideas. There are few in there I hadn't thought of.
    What about the carnation instant breakfast? I always thought that was kind of high on calories?

CIB has 230 calories mixed with skim milk. I try to keep my breakfast between 200 and 300. It's a really important meal and you don't want to skimp on calories there or you will be more likely to over eat somewhere else during the day. I don't have CIB very often, but somedays I just need something that is quick.
  • tessy
    tessy Posts: 7
    Options
    I am trying to do better about eating breakfast so that might be something I could do on days
    that I am just running behind to get out the door. Keeping track of the calories sure does
    make you think twice before you shovel the food in. I have noticed on days I skip breakfast
    that I am completely starved by about 11 am and probably don't make as good of choices.
    Thanks for the input! I also saw you posted 40 lbs lost. How completely awesome and you
    should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. I'm really glad I finally got the guts
    to start asking questions on here.

Theresa
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Thanks Threresa:bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!