Hello from Rhode Island!!

Options
My name is Crystal and I am 25. I am happily married to a wonderful man named Jason who is in the US Coast Guard. We just transferred to RI from VA about 7 months ago. So far we like it here and have met some great people.

Since we have been married (almost 5 years ago) I have gained about 60 pounds. I am only 5 feet tall, weigh 179 pounds and the weight really doesn't have a place to go. I became my highest weight ever (188) after I went through a miscarriage back in August 2011. We have been trying to conceive our 1st baby for over 2 years now and it was really heartbreaking to come that close and lose it. I am hoping that losing some of this excess weight and getting back on track to getting healthy will help us finally become parents. I also need to lose this weight because I just don't feel good physically and emotionally. I am going to physical therapy for a back problem that I know is partially because of my weight. My whole body hurts sometimes. Being only 5 feet tall and carrying around all this extra weight really wears the body down. My first small goal is to get to 160 before my birthday in May. My next goal and maybe my ultimate one is 145 but if I could get into the 130s that would be nice too.

Anyway, enough about my weight.........lets see I love animals and love working with animals. I have so for the past 5 years. I love photography and hope one day I can make a little extra money from it. Music is one of my other passions.....without it I don't know how I would have gotten through some things.

Oh and we have two furbabies (both chihuahuas) named Lily Bell and Jimmy Dean =)

Feel free to add me if you would like!

~Crystal

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am from Woonsocket RI. I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can't even begin to know how devastating that can be. I have lived in RI all my life. I just turned 31 and I've been happily married now for almost 10 years (may) and I have two children. I have 52lbs to lose to get to my weight loss goal.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my wife (of 7 years) started at a similar weight (177), and is also 5' tall. We stuggled for about a year and a half before my wife got pregnaunt, and our weight i am sure had a lot to do with it. But since then we took it serious, ive lost 75 lbs and she has lost 37, so using your children or thr prospect of future children is a great motivator. Keep your head up, and take it one day at a time.
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just spent a week in Warwick, does that count?