looking for suport and some nice people to shair with

Options
Hi all i'm new to the site and new to reaching out for help and friendship from strangers. i am hopeing to find people that would like to shair there stories or just be there for suport or in need of suport. I am 38, married and have 3 kids i lost the balance in life and didnt focuss on all aspects of my life so this is one of the steps i am taking to correct and fix whats wrong in my life. thanx for the time and i hope to meet you soon

ps. please look past my spelling it is not my strong suit.

thank you; Brock

Replies

• PhilLoch
    Options
    First day. Learned about this from a family friend who is already doing the plan. I'm over 65, retired and a lot overweight. Am working towards a better calorie count and this seems to the a great way to keeps tabs on myself. My wife and I do the gym several times per week. Usually 30 minutes sessions on various exercise equipment, plus the treadmill. Like to do about 1/2 hour of running place in the pool. Find out that the exercise keeps my arthritis in check and I have better balance.
    Am looking forward to making progress towards my goal of getting thinner. I deal with atrial fibrillation and am stricken with diabetes, type 2. "My heart doctor says, rule of thumb is, if it's white don't eat it. Am on artiicial sweeteners, diet Pepsi, and whole wheat pastas (when we use pasta) It's a life style change, but if that's what I got to do, well, let's get on with it. Both heart and diabetes problems under a doctors care and making good progress on both. Hope to hear from other people with same problems. Getting older being one of them LOL.
  • PhilLoch
    Options
    First day. Learned about this from a family friend who is already doing the plan. I'm over 65, retired and a lot overweight. Am working towards a better calorie count and this seems to the a great way to keeps tabs on myself. My wife and I do the gym several times per week. Usually 30 minutes sessions on various exercise equipment, plus the treadmill. Like to do about 1/2 hour of running place in the pool. Find out that the exercise keeps my arthritis in check and I have better balance.
    Am looking forward to making progress towards my goal of getting thinner. I deal with atrial fibrillation and am stricken with diabetes, type 2. "My heart doctor says, rule of thumb is, if it's white don't eat it. Am on artiicial sweeteners, diet Pepsi, and whole wheat pastas (when we use pasta) It's a life style change, but if that's what I got to do, well, let's get on with it. Both heart and diabetes problems under a doctors care and making good progress on both. Hope to hear from other people with same problems. Getting older being one of them LOL.
  • PhilLoch
    Options
  • PhilLoch
    Options
  • jpburcham
    jpburcham Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well Welcome ~ This site is full of great tools, and helpful folks. Best of luck on your journey.
    Add me if you want to.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Myhighway2
    Options
    Welcome, im new here also, keep comming back it will be an eaiser job with the hepl of others!:bigsmile:
  • cindysing
    Options
    39 and unfit! Have tried Weight watchers with some success years ago. Hoping My Fitness Pal will help get me back on track. Not a great calorie counter but keeping an honest food diary will make it easier to pinpoint down falls. I understand trying to fix things in your life. A lot of life's happenings we can't plan but we can control our output and our input. Good luck with your goals:) -Cindy
  • hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    welcome, good luck this is a great site
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my profile and please feel free to add me if you like. Best wishes on your efforts, totally worth it, I'm sure you know!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a fantastic site with friendly people.. add me if you like..
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! i found this app about 4 days ago and started using it immediately. I really try to do everything honestly. Today was my first day with a workout. It makes a huge difference. I feel good about myself today. My goal is to go from 260 to 175 in 1 year and i think i can do it. Today im already down 153!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    This is deifnitely a GREAT PLACE TO BE..Welcome!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a wonderful site and great tool.
    Feel free to add me if you like.:smile:
  • peacejoyandhappiness
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Let's do this journey together! Life changing advice and life changing support! You can do this! Best of luck to ya and please stay connected!
  • cooljean
    Options
    Welcome, I;m new too good luck.