Low in Calories But High in Fat? What's more important?

Options
So, today for my food diary, I was under my calorie limit (1200) by about 100. However, when I looked over at my fat, it was minus 27! So, I'm wondering, can I gain weight from eating food that is low in calories but high in fat?

Thanks!

P.S. Please refrain from reprimanding me about eating less than 1200 calories a day. A starvation diet means cutting the total caloric intake to less than 50% of what the body requires. My BMR is 1,349 so I would have to eat less than 674 calories a day for a prolonged period of time to trigger starvation mode. The precautions around '1200' is just a myth. I've gone from 165 to 127 eating 900-1000 calories/day for months and my metabolism is just fine :)

Replies

• TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not eating excess caloires you're not going to gain fat weight.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    As above your body will use the fat for energy :bigsmile: happy days
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So, today for my food diary, I was under my calorie limit (1200) by about 100. However, when I looked over at my fat, it was minus 27! So, I'm wondering, can I gain weight from eating food that is low in calories but high in fat?

Fat does not make you fat, excess calories do

The only reason to caution against lower cal diets is that it gets harder to get in adequate protein and fats each day. You should be getting a minimum of 1g of protein per lb of lbm and .35-.45g of fat per lb of bodyweight