Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just starting the thread. . .I'll check in later.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Just checked the forecast for Saturday - now they are saying 25 mph gust :sad: Usually the wind doesn't really pick up until late morning - I'm hoping that's the case on Saturday (right now there is a calm wind, but gust of 20 mph are expected later). There is rain in the forecast for Sunday, so it's not all bad.

Yesterday, I didn't make it to the gym, but walked on the treadmill then did a little over an hour of yoga. I did it by myself - I did finish up a movie while doing it though :blushing: - I was practicing holding poses for long periods of time and I just have a hard time meditating for 3-4 minutes.

Today: yoga, weights, and bike ride. Oh, and Ethiopian food for lunch, yum.

Happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Mary, I hope the weather stays calm so you can ride. Also, I'm terrifically jealous of your lunch. I love the Ethiopian food.

My main goal today is to shake the unfairs. I'm going to really examine what I'm doing to sabotage myself. I think part of it is the unfairs do lead to a little bit of "what's the point" in the eating department. If the medical condition makes me "tend toward obesity". . .then, well. . .I might as well have that cookie. This is wrong thinking, and I'm going to really concentrate on quitting it. Also, I need to be able to find a balance between accepting what is my personal best and striving for it, even if it's not the "ideal" I picture somewhere deep in my psyche.

To that, my goal is to stop over-thinking it. If it's time to go to the gym or the yoga studio, I'll just go. I want to stop the inner debate of "I could just eat a little less for dinner. . .same diff." Or "I'm really tired today, I'll go tomorrow and take today off". . .

So, today is a 5:30 p.m. Bikram class. . .no debates and no rationalizations.
    And lots of water.
    And no wheat, no sugar.

Take care, pebbles.:flowerforyou:
    oh, and p.s. . .
    in honour of my guru, Yoga, I went back and changed about ten "trying to"s to "going to"s.:wink:
  • yoginimary
    Options

in honour of my guru, Yoga I went back and changed about ten "trying to"s to "going to"s.:wink:

:laugh: Yoga is my guru as well :laugh:

You know eating less is not the same is as going to the gym - it's not all about weight. (Finger wagging)
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    mary when you say ride are u on bicycle or motorcycle
  • yoginimary
    Options
    mary when you say ride are u on bicycle or motorcycle

bicycle
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

in honour of my guru, Yoga I went back and changed about ten "trying to"s to "going to"s.:wink:

:laugh: Yoga is my guru as well :laugh:

You know eating less is not the same is as going to the gym - it's not all about weight. (Finger wagging)

I'll take the finger wagging. . .I need it lately. . .that was my whole conversation with my trainer yesterday (in between my panting. . .she worked me hard!) She said "what do you want to be. . .skinny fat? You're so strong, you're in such good shape. . .I love training you. . .you can do anything." So, she also gave me a bit of finger wagging. I'm being a baby-pants because I want to be a different body type. Which is, as my brother would say, "stoopid with two "o"s." (that's how my fam. expresses something extra stupid):tongue:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I'm about to take Alex to horse therapy. I am going to try to get a walk in after lunch. My right arm is hurting pretty bad. I don't think it's from the push ups but I don't know what happened. It started hurting yesterday afternoon, or maybe it was late morning. Anyway, I think the problem is in my back, like a pinched nerve, but it's traveling through my bicep and that's where it hurts the most. So no push ups today. I hope my arm is fine by tomorrow so I can keep up with the schedule. I figure I can probably at least get a walk in and try to do some light cleaning...with my left hand of course. :laugh:
    I'll try to check back in later and let you know what I actually got done.
    MM