new here. Looking for a support buddy...

Options
Hello. I just joined, I have 2 little girls, and of course from that I've gained weight and would like to get in shape before my husband and I try for number 3 this fall. Realistically I could lose 30 pounds, but know that probably won't have that fast. I would like to at least lose 10-15! I'm a stay at home mom, and my husband works 70 hour work weeks, and swing shifts. I do not have time or money to hit the gym so I need to find ways to lose weight at home with my kids, and think it would be helpful to have someone to chat with.

Thank you!
Amy

Replies

• Adrienne2001
    Options
    Hi I am a single mom looking to loose about 50 pounds, and I understand the struggles of doing it with the kids. Add me and we can be support for each other :happy:
  • LucyR67
    Options
    Hi, there, I'm new at this too and also a bit nervous. I would like to drop 30 pounds. I hurt my back a few weeks ago so I'm just now working out again (just made it to 40 minutes of walking today.) I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you with two little ones so I admire your determination
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a 3 year old daughter and have no extra money for the gym either. The support here is amazing. I quit for a few months, but am back to try again.
    Friend me if you like!
  • nygirl360
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pamela :) I'm new to this site and I was hoping that I could add some people to my profile so we can all support each other! We gotta stick together, ya know?
  • lettydawn
    Options
    Hello, I am also new and looking for a support buddy. Well, more like a community of support. I too have two kids, but mine are both boys. My hubby and I are wanting to start trying for number three later this year, and since trying for #2 was a little difficult, the doctor said by loosing 20 pounds I should have an easier time.
  • sam939
    sam939 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can try to be your support buddy. I always seem to have the best of intentions, but I have a hard time just breaking the bad habits. I too am a single mom (of one), work full time, and I can't even keep up with general household stuff. Its incredibly frustrating, and I love my food. I think I just had the revelation that I can just move my butt more and it will make a big difference even if I "cheat". I'd like to lose 35-40 pounds. I know I can do it, I've done it before, and I really enjoyed it! Let's do this, girl!!!
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    friend me support for all at the very least encouragement!!
  • Aliciabell
    Aliciabell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL!!
  • Aliciabell
    Aliciabell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL!!
    I am also new. I'm a single mommy from Tulsa, OK who's limited on "gym money" as well. I'm always on my feet at home and try to keep active on the weekends. I need support as does everyone else. I would LOVE to lose a total of 50 pounds but I'm starting with small goals. So, my first goal is 20 pounds and I'll reward myself little things as I go forth.
    Friend me if you'd like!
  • cooljean
    Options
    Hi welcome ,

I'm new here but hav elost weight before. I didn't want to spend money either but I bought some walk at home DVD's on ebay for $7 . I like Leslie Sansone easy and not boring . I just walk around the house.
  • corriebean28
    Options
    I'm new, too, and am open to as many buddies as I can get! I've started most new years with the intention of getting into shape and it usually falls off pretty quickly. It definitely helps to have a support system!
  • jimmynorton24
    Options
    anyone can friend me to, the more supprt we get the better our chances of success!!!
  • yolond
    yolond Posts: 1
    Options
    Recently joined. Lost 75 lbs about 5 years ago. Managed to keep it off for 4 years or so. After being ill off/on for months, I gained back 40 pounds. :embarassed:

It took me a year to get that off gradually last time. Having a hard time getting started this time around. Need all the support I can get! Mother of 2, unemployed for past year. Help me get un-lazy!
  • kimber89
    kimber89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too! Today is my first day, and I'm just trying to absorb all of this information. I'm 41, have two kids, and want to lost 25 pounds. I've been working out regularly (cardio and weights) for 8 months and haven't lost a pound. I'm beyond frustrated at this point. I'm still trying to learn how to use this site. Does anyone have any recommendations? Good luck to you! I'd love the support too!
  • jb510
    jb510 Posts: 2
    Options
    My 50 lbs. came on gradually over the past 10 years and I think having support pals will help a lot.
  • bookem45cl
    Options
    hi im Ra'mon and im in it just like everyone else so we all need to support each other as much as we can,i also had a recent back injury so here goes
  • bookem45cl
    Options
    r u mixing up your workout? maybe try that
  • bpfahl4444
    Options
    I too am new to this..I just started 2 days ago..my babes are all older and have moved out. I think I suffer from the empty nest syndrome..I eat because I am bored and lonely.
    I had a serious ankle injury 4 years ago and have many plates and pins holding it together..Exercise movement is limited and with years of feeling sorry for myself I have put on lots of pounds..I would like to lose about 30 lbs and my New Years Resolution is to get back to my running by the year 2013..I will need all the support I can get..If anyone has some advise to give or recipes to share please feel free to add me as a friend..Have a great night!:flowerforyou:
  • susanartero
    Options
    Hi,I'm also 41 and I have 4 boys. I work full time and so I can only exercise bright and early in the morning(5am). Its the only time I have for myself before the boys wake up. I've been trying to lose at least 20lbs for the past 2years. I workout(cardio/minor strength training)at least 3times a week sometimes more, but haven't seen any significant results. I'm jumping back into using Myfitnesspal because I noticed I'd drop pounds when using the food diary. It really keeps me on track with my calorie intake. Today is my first day back. I'm finally going to accept the fact that I've got to watch what i eat(at least in moderation). :wink: This food diary with the exercise application is going to be the key. It helped me last time, I just need to stick with it. Anyone want to jump on board, we can support each other.We need to be consistent for at least 5weeks, starting today:-) my goal is to work out 5days out of the week and stick to my allotted calorie intake, join in if you like! I'd love to hear that you're making it happen day by day because that'll make me do the same. Good luck!2012 Here we come!:wink:
  • turro26
    turro26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi everyone... I am new here too. Turning 30 this year and I am tired about not putting my health first. Time to do it! :) Looking for new friends to support each other.

Feel free to send me a friend request :) Look forward to seeing how we get healthier!