Breakfast

Options
I need to find something for breakfast. I was trying these protein shakes that my doc gave me, but honestly, I cannot force myself to drink them...they are horrible. Thing is, they're really good for you (I know, go figure). They only have 100 calories, 8 carbs, 2g fat, and 15g protein. Anyone have any ideas for substitutes around that range of cal, carb, fat, and protein intake? I go back to my doc next week, so hopefully he'll be able to give me something else then, but I need something until then.

Replies

• amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    I need to find something for breakfast. I was trying these protein shakes that my doc gave me, but honestly, I cannot force myself to drink them...they are horrible. Thing is, they're really good for you (I know, go figure). They only have 100 calories, 8 carbs, 2g fat, and 15g protein. Anyone have any ideas for substitutes around that range of cal, carb, fat, and protein intake? I go back to my doc next week, so hopefully he'll be able to give me something else then, but I need something until then.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    if you like eggs eat egg whites only 17 calories each mix with onions .tomotoes, bell peppers
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and a half scoop of flax seed in natural oats

tasty and has the fuel to get the day going
  • jsmccloy
    jsmccloy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chobani Fat Free Greek Yougurt is great (esp. the blueberry IMO). It has 14g of protein, 0 fat, 20g of carbs. 140 calories. It comes in a much bigger cup than most of the FF yogurts out there and has a lot of protein to help you feel full.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    I agree, add 2 strips of turkey bacon, and you add only 40 more calories, a single slice of whole wheat toast with 1/2 a pat of butter, the egg white omelet with onions, peppers and tomatoes, and bacon can give you a great start to your morning under 200 calories!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg, scrambled (70cals) with a sprinkle of green and red pepper (5-10cals), and a yogurt on the side (35-60 cals)
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I love yogurt parfaits.

15 blueberries
    1/2 plain sugar-free yogurt
    1 tbsp honey granola

Calories 110.5
    Total Fat 2.2 g
    Saturated Fat 1.2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g