ZERO calorie food?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Also look at a serving size of Pam. It is like spraying for 2 seconds or something like that. How can that coat a pan?

I dont count seconds while I am coating my pans but now that I count two seconds in my head Im sure that is all the longer I hold it. I rarely use Pam though.
  • ashmitatua
    ashmitatua Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    While zero calorie food is good, always check the carb content. When losing weight carb is your arch ememy. Most of these 0-cal food has a lot of carb and all carbs are from sugar. So I would say beaware of those
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hehe unless you find the stuff repulsive! Even the smell is grose haha!

But in seriousness - good post. I wish everyone on here would read it. Perhaps we might have a week off from posts containing 'eat celory because its negative and you'll get skinny really, really fast'.... :drinker:
    [/quote]

Im with you. I hate the smell. I cant even eat carrots and stuff that have been in a tray next to it because the taste soaks in.
  • chubbychickers
    chubbychickers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful with foods that state "zero calorie" because according to the FDA the manufacturer can rate the calories by portion so that if the product has less than a full calorie it can be rated as "zero" calorie. The problem is that when you start multiplying the servings, it actually adds up to calories. I don't know if this is the case here, but this was a good clue that I learned from weight watchers about being wary of "zero" calories. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
  • cardinalfan76
    cardinalfan76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have used several of the Walden Farms products and enjoyed most of them. The Honey Dijon Mustard dressing is down right tasty. Bacon Ranch is also really good. They have a chocolate sauce that is perfect for fruit dipping. They also have several types of syrup. The fruit spreads are OK if you are really wanting something like that, but the texture is weird. The mayo is OK, but I prefer to just use Light Mayo sparingly. I would NOT recommend the peanut butter. Honestly, I just don't see how that stuff ever made it through quality control...blah!
  • habee2
    habee2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use zero calorie foods all the time! I love some of the products from Walden Farms and some of the Miracle Noodles varieties. I rarely use the products as they come. Instead, I "doctor them up" with extra herbs, spices, and/or other seasoning agents. I also use them in lots of my own recipe creations. One of my faves is my zero calorie spaghetti. In fact, I had it for dinner just last night! Low carb dieters who are more worried about carb grams than they are overall calorie content or fat grams can top the "pasta" with cheese or meat. It's really good!

http://habee.hubpages.com/hub/Zero-Calorie-Foods-Spaghetti
  • byukid
    byukid Posts: 55
    Options
    lol at the chemical fearmongering. Every time you eat, you put chemicals into your body. You are made of chemicals. Walden farms is fine, though I wouldn't live off anything because there's little to no usable energy. They are perfectly fine otherwise.
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    I joined another one of those "weight loss places" a couple of months ago (should of just threw my $$ out the window) anyway I had to buy the Walden farms items: Caesar dressing, Ranch Dressing, BBQ sauce and a few others I cant even remember but I personally did not like the taste at all....ended up throwing more money down the drain.