Low Cal Soup

Options
I wanted to share a gem I found recently :)

I LOVE miso soup. For those of you that may not know, It's an asian soup that is made from tofu and soybean paste. It may sound gross, but it's uber yummy. It reminds me of chicken broth, only better.

I found a packet of instant miso soup in the grocery store. It's only 35 calories, has 1g fat, 3g carb, and 3g protein and is super yummy and surprisingly filling. The sodium is a bit high though, 740mg per packet.

The packet says to mix the powder with 2/3 cup boiling water... but I add about 1.5 cups and it's still really good. I found it in the asian/foreign food aisle. It contained 3 packets of soup mix for about 2$ at Walmart.

It is awesome for days when I've fulfilled my calorie limit but am still hungry.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I wanted to share a gem I found recently :)

I LOVE miso soup. For those of you that may not know, It's an asian soup that is made from tofu and soybean paste. It may sound gross, but it's uber yummy. It reminds me of chicken broth, only better.

I found a packet of instant miso soup in the grocery store. It's only 35 calories, has 1g fat, 3g carb, and 3g protein and is super yummy and surprisingly filling. The sodium is a bit high though, 740mg per packet.

The packet says to mix the powder with 2/3 cup boiling water... but I add about 1.5 cups and it's still really good. I found it in the asian/foreign food aisle. It contained 3 packets of soup mix for about 2$ at Walmart.

It is awesome for days when I've fulfilled my calorie limit but am still hungry.
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    Trader Joe's also has a great instant Miso soup.