I did it...you can too!

Options
swanny320
swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
In June I weighed 128 and couldn't run for a solid minute. As of today, I am now 112 and have run three 5K's and a 10K. I am now signed up for my first half marathon in April. For the first time in my life, my arms and legs have defined muscle and I constantly get compliments on the muscle definition. Before June, I had absolutely NO muscle tone.

I am posting this to let others who may have just started their fitness journey that your goals are possible if you just dedicate yourself and accept that you will have good days and bad days. The journey will not be easy all the time and you will have disappointments, slip ups (that peppermint pattie I ate earlier, for example) but that's okay because you learn from them and become better and stronger.

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Running a 5k this year is definitely one of my goals. Congrats on your success!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of running a 5k this year too.........awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!