Any active vegans or vegetarians on here?! :)

Options
I'm a vegan and want to befriend some peeps with similar diaries and active exercise logs. If anyone has some some tasty food recipes or vegan-oriented tips that would be awesome too. :)
P.s. As a vegan or vegetarian what is your biggest nutrient concert and how have you overcome it?

Replies

• MeowserKitty
    Options
    Eyyo. I'm in said boat:)
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    My biggest concern was the high amount of carbs compared to protein and fat I was consuming (not saying carbs are horrible or anything, just generally not as filling and it was causing me to miss out other places) but I've mostly eliminated grains (personal choice,, once again, not saying they are horrid) and that has helped me focus on more nutrient rich foods. (nuts, avacados, etc.)
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm now vegan, was vegetarian for awhile before that! I feel way better & get all the nutrients I need! any questions feel free to message me!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian!
  • aliciaann16
    aliciaann16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i've been a vegetarian who eats mostly vegan for over 2yrs and just joined this site. the month of december i ate way too many carbs, sweets and overall crap. so i'm trying to refocus my "back to basics" diet on fruits vegetables and beans.
    fatfreevegan.com and vegweb.com are where i get alot of my recipes
    and i have my own blog geekswhoeat.blogspot.com with some vegan recipes
    nutrient wise i worry about not getting enough b12 so ive started taking supplements
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • chanson104
    Options
    bump
  • ashleeluxe85
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, trying to go vegan, who depends waaaaaay too much on pasta, breads and cheeses! All veggies add me please. I just signed up today. :)
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There are loads of veg*ns on here. Try searching in the posts for vegan or vegetarian and you'll find posts from lots of people you can send a request to, and look under the groups - there are some veg*n groups as well. Good luck!
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but was vegan for two years. Feel free to add me, I'd love some veg*n friends.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian converting to Veganism here :)
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    Vegetarian. I struggle with carbs vs protein.
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was 7 years old. I do cook meat for my husband and kids, but most of our meals are veg. I occasionally cook with substitutes by quorn...also do a lot of tofu, beans, and veggies. Adding you!
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am vegan :) add me. I love getting vegan friends to swap recipes and ideas on here. Its good to have Vegan/ Vegetarian support.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a vegetarian. My biggest issue is getting a good balance between sugar/ carbs/ protein. Request is being sent!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and would love to make more vegan recipes so anyone feel free to add me :)
    I often post links to recipes I've cooked at the bottom of my diary.
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian going on vegan. Please feel free to add me, anyone! I don't have many vegetarian friends, so the support would be nice. If your diary's open, even better! Helps to give me ideas for my meals too :)
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm adding you
  • inkdgirl
    Options
    Vegetarian here, add me up!

would love to get to the vegan stage but I simply cannot break up my love affair with cheese!
  • geeracee
    geeracee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! Aw yeah <3