Favorite Low Calorie Cereals

Options
I am looking for some low calorie cereal (1 cup cereal= 120 calories or less without milk) options. I already love Special K cereal with strawberries and I tried the Kashi 7 whole grain cereal.

I particularly love cereals that go great with fruit.

What are some other good ones?

Replies

• FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I am looking for some low calorie cereal (1 cup cereal= 120 calories or less without milk) options. I already love Special K cereal with strawberries and I tried the Kashi 7 whole grain cereal.

I particularly love cereals that go great with fruit.

What are some other good ones?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Instead of Special K Redberries, I get Kashi Strawberry Fields. I like it better plus it doesn't have HFCS. :heart:
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    My favorite is Multigrain Cheerios. Only 110 cal for a cup, no HFCS and lightly sweetened with only 6g of sugar. They'd go great with fruit!
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    HFCS?
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Rice Chex has become my new Favorite....1 cup for 100 calories....SUPER low sugar....great with fruit or toast....
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I prefer Kashi Honey Sunshine. Reminds me a little bit of captin crunch and it is only 100 calories for 3/4 cup. I like to add bannana to it.
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    try the other special k cereals. im really liking the cinnamon pecan. the fruit and yogurt is pretty good too. i tried the blueberry.... not as great. if you crave a chocolate fix, the chocately delight is good. all are low-cal, and have the protein, low sodium etc we need too.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Kashi Whole Grain Puffs are great and wholesome! With part of a banana or berries...skim milk...a touch of honey! Yummy :laugh: 70 calories for a whole cup. 15g carbs , 1g fiber, 2g protein and 0sugar
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I prefer Kashi Honey Sunshine. Reminds me a little bit of captin crunch and it is only 100 calories for 3/4 cup. I like to add bannana to it.
    Ditto! Love that stuff!!

The Kashi heart-to-heart honey toasted is great too!
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    Ooh lots of good ideas so far :happy:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    high fructose corn syrup. you can read some heated discussions about it. i'm not saying that i never eat things with HFCS, however...i do try to cut it out when possible! :smile:
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    Special K Satisfaction is my absolute favorite
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Rice Krispie Jumbo Puffs 90 cals for a cup
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    high fructose corn syrup. you can read some heated discussions about it. i'm not saying that i never eat things with HFCS, however...i do try to cut it out when possible! :smile:

It is in sooo much stuff now. I have a hard time finding anything that doesn't tast like cardboard that doesn't have it. It is a crying shame.:cry: