11 months and only 29lbs....need some tips.

Options
Just needed to vent, February will make one year since I have been on this journey, not giving up at all but geez. I do have PCOS so that is making it super slow....any suggestions. I workout a lot.

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    maybe there are some foods you could cut back on or something?

its still awesome - 30 lbs is great! i have lost 36 in the last year so about the same. i lost 10 between jan-august . i started trying in september and lost the next 26. i still have been taking it pretty slow and that seems to be widely recommended. not only do those who lose the weight slow keep it off longer because they have made it a life style but its so much better on your skin - it will adapt and go back so much better iv read - which is a big concern for me personally.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too, and my doctor told me to eat most of my carbs in the morning, have a high protein dinner, fresh everything, nothing processed or fast food, etc etc etc. Does your doctor have you on any kind of diet or exercise plan?
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think you need to go easy on yourself. I know I'm on here TOO much but there have been times that you've stopped logging. So as one of your mfp friends I would say just be more consistent. That might help
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think you need to go easy on yourself. I know I'm on here TOO much but there have been times that you've stopped logging. So as one of your mfp friends I would say just be more consistent. That might help

Hey girl, even the times I didn't log in, I was still eating right and working out. I usually log in from work and there have been times I just couldn't get to it, but I was still consistant.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Its a slow process, but 30 pounds is awesome. Keep it moving. Try switching up what you are eating and your workouts. Your body gets used to workouts so you need to change your routine once a month. Make sure that you are weight training in addition to cardio and make sure that you are eating enough to sustain your workouts. If you workout too much and don't eat enough you will plateau.