Cruise without going overboard?? (pun intended)

Options
So Saturday we leave for our 9 night cruise to the Bahamas! But I must admit I'm getting a bit nervous. I've been doing so well with my eating habits, but all I hear about is how cruising is half relaxing and half eating. I plan on running at least every other day either on the track or using the fitness equipment. I hope that's enough to keep me on track. Any other advice or how to cruise healthy???

Replies

• TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    You will have plenty of good choices for food, to go along with all the bad choices. Great salads, good vegetables, good seafood, etc. And, you will do a lot of walking just to get around the ship, and around the ports. And, more than likely, you'll eat less due to the reduced level of stress on a cruise.

I usually lose weight on cruises; I don't gain.

Enjoy...
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    the good thing about cruises and hotels are that they usually have a lot of good options when it comes to healthy food.
    If it was me, I would allow myself to eat more healthy food ( than my usual 1200 cals to avoid feeling hungry) and work out every day. That way I would still lose weight, but just not as much as I do when I am at home and seriously restricting.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We were on a 9 night Mexican Rivera cruise last April and I managed to come home the same weight as when I left. I was at the gym almost every morning and participated in many physical activities.
    One thing I love about cruises is all the great food, and I ate it. But I ate small amounts and avoided most deserts and drank no alcohol or carbonated beverages.
    Eat smart and with restraint and you can enjoy the food and will do fine.