working out to counteract a binge

Options
Today started out like any other day. I ate breakfast, worked out (burned 600 cal according to my HRM), ate lunch, and then I ate an afternoon snack. I pre-log my food each day, but instead of sticking to my plan today I let stress get the best of me. I ended up having a 900 calorie binge. (or maybe more- I wasn't really measuring)

SO, when I was done with my "snack attack" (as my husband lovingly refers to it- he is so cute), I was quite full. I made the decision that if I wasn't hungry around dinner time, I'd just skip it- which I did. And then I thought "hmmm...I have the energy...I have the time... I can go work out and "salvage" today!"

I went to the gym and burned another 600 calories. (I only needed to burn 300 to be even for the day, but I didn't trust my calculations so I added an extra 300) And I kept drinking lots of water.

I still feel gross about the way I ate today. Working out to counteract a binge might work on paper, but it kind of feels wrong. What do you think?

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    A "once in a while" thing=normal. An "every day thing"=not normal. I believe that is some form of binging-purging cycle more or less.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A "once in a while" thing=normal. An "every day thing"=not normal. I believe that is some form of binging-purging cycle more or less.

YES. that is why it feels so wrong! Thanks for the comment- definitely not planning to make this an every day thing. (I think my body would be pretty pissed at me! Also I prefer to sit on the couch in the evenings- I'm a morning work-out kind of girl)