Introduction

Options
Hello, all!

My name is Kristel, and I'm finishing up my final year of college. After I graduate, I want to join the Navy as a musician. However, I need to make weight or tape before I can audition... which is tentatively scheduled in March.

I have a LOT of work to do!

My current morning exercise plan is:
MWF: 80 min cardio
TR: 60 min cardio, 30 min weightlifting
S: 60 min cardio, 60 min yoga

My evening exercise plan is:
MWF: Tracy Anderson post-partum
TRS: Kettle bell workout

My diet consists of:
- berries, grapefruit
- grapefruit for breakfast, berries for dessert
- celery, broccoli, or carrots and hummus (1 serving hummus, unlimited veggies)
- mid-morning and late afternoon snack
- 1 slice multigrain bread daily (100 cal)
- 1 serving lean protein, chicken or salmon for lunch over bed of dark leafy greens
- 1 serving mixed nuts
- 1 Lean Body shake (post-workout recovery drink)
- generous portion squash or other cooked low-carb food
- 100+ oz water daily
- 1 "cheat meal" weekly, though still sensible

That is the ideal diet, though. I'm looking for low-glycemic, low carb foods, with an emphasis on protein and volumetrics.

My primary struggle: I have hypothyroidism. I can look at a stalk of celery and gain weight, though I'm hoping that consistent medication and an added thermogenic--OxyElite Pro--will help. I also want to introduce more veggies and fruits, though I'm afraid of doing anything that could limit my weight loss.

I'm getting married in April and I want to look my best for that wonderful day. While I only need to lose 10-15 lbs to make tape for the Navy, I want to see just how far I can go on this diet. Ludicrously? I'd like to see how close to 40 lbs I can lose. I figure that with cleaning and lots of exercise, how could this go wrong?

But seriously...what can go wrong, following a V/LCD and exercising with my thyroid condition?

Thanks!

~Kristel

Replies

• alphy
    alphy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow, that's one insane plan you've got going there. make sure you're getting enough calories in with all the exercise you'll be doing so your body doesn't go into starvation mode, but otherwise, best of luck! you can do it**
  • saxgirl22
    Options
    Well, first of..CONGRATULATIONS on graduating soon..i will be in my last year of college very soon. Like you I am also a musician and I wish you best of luck with your goal plan. Just try to make sure not to over push your body and know when to stop. If you like, add me it Saxgirl22..you seem to be very knowledgeable about weight loss and foods and would like to learn more.. Thanks! :<)