Please help! How do you get past medical stumbling stones?

Options
Ok, so I thought I was doing pretty well, but there have been a ton of stresses lately, medical stuff in the family and getting entirely too familiar with checking loved ones into emergency, Son in a serious auto accident last week, and loosing my Dad on father's day, which is now causing heart type symptoms. Getting the whole crushing chest pain and numb left arm along with blood pressure readings that are not good. Doc is watching it and I am now on asprin therapy, but I'm to rest and try to relax because it is stress causing chemical changes which are damaging my heart, but if stress drops, I should recover faster than people with heart disease. Well, that isn't going too well for getting the weight off, and I see it creeping back up. two and a half pounds back up today.

When you have illness or stress, and crave comfort foods, how do you plow through and keep loosing?

I also have some trouble with exercise because I really messed up my knee in a motorcycle accident as i was trying to clear my head just before my Dad's funeral. Able to walk about two city blocks now, but not much more yet without a cane.

All advice would be helpful.