Wii Fit?

Options
Anyone using this? Does it really work as an exercise routine? Worth it?

Thanks, jackie

89924.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

'How does one become a butterfly?, she asked. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'

Replies

• Jackiemal
    Jackiemal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone using this? Does it really work as an exercise routine? Worth it?

Thanks, jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

'How does one become a butterfly?, she asked. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I have not tried the Wii fit. Although, I will say that I have tried Dance Dance Revolution on PS2 and it really seems to work for getting an aerobic workout and it is fun.:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    fitness coach for the wii. don't need the fit. the fit does give you a good workout if you work it. some people say it doesn't, but,you really have to put yourself into it. i just really got into my workout with fitness coach and surprised burned 600 in just 45 mins. go on youtube to see what it's like.
    good luck
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit & I really like it. It provides a nice, overall workout. But, it's like anything else - you get out of it what you put into it. I just started using the Wii Fitness Coach a few days ago, and I like it, too. It's more like a workout DVD, and it really gets you moving. I'm thinking about using the Fit on days when I have more time to workout, and the Fitness Coach for the days when I don't have as much time. I can do a quick 15-30 minute workout on FC, and feel like I get more out of it than I would in 15 minutes on the Fit.
  • eriquita
    eriquita Posts: 69
    Options
    I got it last week and I love it! but, how do i enter that in my exercise journal?
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite review...

searched low and high and low and high to finally get a Wii during Christmas... Got one.. Searched low and high low and high low and high to finally find the wii fit board. Loved the wii for about a week, now sitting there collecting dust. AND i have 4 kids 3 of which are Wii playing age (14,12,10) and it just sits there...

Sure it gets you up and moving, so if you are a complete couch potato and go to using the wii a couple of times a week then i think it will "work" for you.

I dont think it burns nearly as many calories as me doing an exercise dvd or getting on the treadmill for half as much time.

had i known it wouldnt have gotten used, i would have taken that 400.00 and got an elliptical machine:sad: .. Of course the kids would have LOVED to see that under the christmas tree:laugh:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite review...

searched low and high and low and high to finally get a Wii during Christmas... Got one.. Searched low and high low and high low and high to finally find the wii fit board. Loved the wii for about a week, now sitting there collecting dust. AND i have 4 kids 3 of which are Wii playing age (14,12,10) and it just sits there...

Sure it gets you up and moving, so if you are a complete couch potato and go to using the wii a couple of times a week then i think it will "work" for you.

I dont think it burns nearly as many calories as me doing an exercise dvd or getting on the treadmill for half as much time.

had i known it wouldnt have gotten used, i would have taken that 400.00 and got an elliptical machine:sad: .. Of course the kids would have LOVED to see that under the christmas tree:laugh:

I have heard this from several people.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I think like Chipper said, it depends on what you put into it. When I first started, and the times were all short, it took me 2 1/2 hours to burn 600 calories. Now that I have opened the 10 minute hula hoop, the island run (I think it's over 10 minutes) and the 10 minute boxing, etc, I feel that it is a better workout. I can do a quick 30 to 40 minutes on there and burn 250 to 300 calories. Admittedly, it's not as quick as hopping on an elliptical or a spin class, but it is a heck of a lot better than the nothing I would be doing otherwise.

I find that I do the aerobic exercises more on there than I do the strength training or the yoga, although I will put those on once in a while for a change. Today, I went to the gym for weights and water aerobics, but when I got home, I hopped on the wii fit for a check in. Next thing I knew, it was half an hour later, and I was having fun with the balance games. I don't count the balance games as exercise, but they are fun.