wedding theme... help!!!

angela0831
angela0831 Posts: 26 Member
I have started planning my wedding and my fiance and I are really interested in having a beach themed wedding. We actually wanted to have it at the beach but since we are having a summer wedding we are worried about hurricane season. What is your opinion of a beach theme wedding in the city?

Replies

• dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Love it. So many people never get to go to the beach or don't get to go very often. Bringing the beach to them is a great idea! And you don't have to worry about a hurricane. :happy:
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 204 Member
    if its what you want, you do it! you only get to do this once! (ideally)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    I planned that wedding once, bought a lot of sand. It was FUN!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    how would you pull it off?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    I decorate cakes as a hobby and I can tell you that people do beach themed weddings nowhere near the beach all the time! Do it and enjoy it. It's your wedding and you can make it what you want it to be!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    I read your post & the first thing that came to mind was......Are you going to be specific on the attire worn to the wedding or allow people to come in beach attire?
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Themed weddings can be great fun. Just be sure to give your guests plenty of notice so that they have time to plan their outfits. Some people won't get into the dressing to a theme spirit but they will still love your special day nonetheless.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    try weddingbee.com lots of great ideas over there:) Everyone planning weddings, you will get so much help, tips, tricks, money saving ideas, etc... Its a godsend really:) hehe