Polar FT7 HRM help

Options
I just got a heart rate monitor and I love it! But I need to figure out how to reset it if I use it twice in one day and I'm hoping someone out there will know the answer and save me from having to read the manual :). Basically if I go for a walk at lunch and then use it again at the gym in the evening it will give me a total burn for the whole day but that's not what I want. Any suggestions? And no, I'm not just pausing it after lunch. I actually stop it and then restart it again later. Thanks!!

Replies

• bytelaw
    bytelaw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use my FT7 two to three times per day, starting and stopping each time. Once you hit stop, your watch should display just the data for that exercise period. When you sto pand start again for the next exercise period, it should capture and display just that data. There's no need to reset the watch or the data, as all of the data is stored in the watch, by the date and time of entry. In the data section (push the upper right side button), it shows a graph with each time you've used it and you can select one of those to see the data for that exercise period, or scroll through the data options and look at the entire week. Hope that helps.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It should show you a summary of the session when you press the stop button and shouldn't continue to record unless it's somehow not switching off properly. If you restart it it will show the counters back at zero again.

I often record sessions back to back such as if I want to work out my average heart rate for the cardio and don't want the average HR to be mixed in with the weights element of my workout. When I go into the data file as described in the other post, it will show two columns with the same date and the individual data related to each session.
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I'll have to really pay attention today and make sure it's actually stopping after lunch. Thanks for the replies!