Lose Weight with Fitness Games?

Options
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any luck with fitness games? e.g. like the wii and wii fit or Zumba for gaming consoles? I want to know if it is worth investing in. Thanks :)

Replies

• lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I recently got Kinect and played adventures on it, was sweating in 45 mins more than what i do on the treadmill.
    Also i had oodles more fun using Kinect
    Waiting for my order of Kinect sports and Your fitness evolved 2012 to be delivered tomorrow

Having used wii fit also , i definitely prefer kinect
    thanks
    Lohit
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Hi lohiteverma :-)

Have you seen any type of results?
  • ellen122x
    ellen122x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi I've had the wii Biggest Loser and wii fit cds for over 2 yrs now and have probably used it 5 times! I want to get the new ones but I don't even use the ones I have!
  • lisettelovebug
    lisettelovebug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i love zumba for kinnect. Although I can't say i have lost weight from that alone (I also took classes), I did lose 27 pounds. I am back again really trying to lose about 30 more and I am determined to get to my goal this time... I also have Just Dance 3 for the kinnect and that is so fun and a great workout. I teach zumba 3 days a week and one would think just dance would be easy peasy, but I sweat my butt off!!! I also recently bought Jiilian Michael's Fitness Adventure for the kinnect and I have to tell you... I did it on Thursday night and the next day my quads were killing me! It is definitely a workout!! I would love to see them come out with even more fitness games....
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Jillian michael has a game version?
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Jillian michael has a game version?

I saw this! No idea if it's any fun? Anyone else know?
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba last week, and got hubby to pick up Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout and Just Dance 3.... Anything that gets your heart-rate up and burns calories will help you lose weight. I've got an HRM so after my 30 day shred in the morning, I'm going to rock some Just Dance!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have the Your Shape EvOlution for Kinnect and I wear my HRM when I do the boot camp and it burns just as much doing 20 min of that as 20 min of the 30DS DVD (for me about 200-230 cals in 20 min). It's a nice change from just doing videos on my non gym days. I can't say I see any results specific to the game, but it's just one more part to my exercise routine.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I recently got Kinect and played adventures on it, was sweating in 45 mins more than what i do on the treadmill.
    Also i had oodles more fun using Kinect
    Waiting for my order of Kinect sports and Your fitness evolved 2012 to be delivered tomorrow

Having used wii fit also , i definitely prefer kinect
    thanks
    Lohit

agree with you, like kinect better

you will like Your Fitness, got it for xmas
  • kimif1
    kimif1 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have the Julian Michaels and I really like it, cause it's not hard to follow but it does give you a good workout. I change up everday I use my treadmill, a stair cd and the Julian Michaels on Wii.
  • Miss_Z_87
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys... I'm thinking about getting the zumba game and the just dance game. They look like heaps of fun :)
  • persephpom
    persephpom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started with wii fit plus but it quickly became too easy. It did a lot to help me get started though. Now I do Exerbeat and I absolutely love it! It's fun, challenging and keeps my heart rate up. It's not all I do though. I also do strength training three times a week.