Is it okay to to eat " too many" vitamins through food?

Options
I did a search but could only find posts about taking vitamin pills/supplements. I'm talking about going way over your percentages through actual food. My vitamin C for the past couple of days has been almost 400%, and my Vitamin A has been almost 200%. Is this okay or is it possible to have "too many" vitamins? I don't take any supplements or vitamin pills so this is all through food, but I feel like I'm eating pretty normally. The only thing I could think was that I've been eating two clementines/cuties a day (but they're so tiny?) and a spinach salad every day for the past couple of days.

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C is water soluble and pretty safe. I don't think you can OD on that, so don't worry about vitamin C.

You CAN OD on vitamin A, but you'd need a lot. 200% is not a biggy.

And yes you can OD from a food source- it just takes a lot of work! It's easier to OD with a pill.

Just eat a sensible diet and don't worry about it :)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The answer is that yes, you can get too many vitamins from food, but it's not that easy to do. If you have questions about a specific vitamin, google what the "Upper Limit" is for that vitamin, and it will tell you how much you shouldn't go over, so you can know for sure.