Help, post workout foods

Options
Ok so did my first proper Workout yesterday - 30 mins Circuit Training, 15 mins Cross Trainer & 15 mins bike....

Was absoloutly starving when I got home but am unsure what I can eat after working out so suggestions welcome please:)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I'm finding my stomach grumbling after a workout, I'll grab fruit, veggies, or a small snack with protein in it.; whether it be half a turkey sandwich, granola bar with peanut butter, or salad with leafy greens. Helps to fill you up, and it's good for you! I don't think it necessarily matters *what* you eat, though this is just my opinion. As long as it's healthy and doesn't derail your entire workout, you should be fine!
  • avesoriano
    Options
    Id love to hear what others have to say. I stick with tons of water. Otherwise ill
    Overeat whatever is in front of me
  • leestanley3
    leestanley3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk! Also if you use the full fat variety it is better for you as your body needs a blend of Carbs proteins and fats to supply your muscles after your work out. I am only takling 330ml, not a pint. Its a decent money saver also as you can get them from 59p at most super markets.

http://oakbrooksc.com/docs/stager_chocmilk_study.pdf

The thing people forget is the more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest. This will enable you to maintain and lose the fat stuff.
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I actually saw on a health segment on the news that males need protein to help recover and females need carbs to help recover. That is what I'm currently going by and it works for me.
  • Galletakek
    Options
    protein and carbs

Protein shake / chicken/ tuna/ fish/ turkey

carbs -Fresh fruit
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a tablespoon of peanut butter and some apple slices.. Apples tend to fill me up quickly and with a bottled water.. The grumbling will stop... ;)