Pregnant!!!

So Im 6 months pregnant and no Im not dieting but just watching what i eat. I have started working out again because once i have my baby boy (another have a 1 year old girl) i want to get right back at lose weight fast like I did the first time.

So my cal. intake is now 2000 which seems like a lot but I think I can handle that lol.

But does anyone know of any workouts i can do while pregnant?

Replies

• BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Walking. Walking was my best friend while I was pregnant with my baby girl. Swimming is good too, I wasn't lucky enough to have a lot of access to a pool. But when I did, it felt SO wonderful to feel like I weighed 200 lbs lighter in the water. Also, if you haven't already, consider breast feeding when you give birth. Aside from the multiple wonderful benefits for your child...you'll drop weight like crazy. I lost 20 lbs practically overnight due to breastfeeding.
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Congrats!

You might want to look at yoga. They usually offer a prenatal yoga then after delivery they will offer classes where you can do yoga with your baby. Friends have gone that route while preggers.

Think Pilates is the same way but no one I know has ever done it so cant really comment on it too much.

Might want to call a gym and see if they have any prenatal exercise classes going on for some other options.
  • vampstinger
    vampstinger Posts: 4 Member
    There are some good prenatal yoga and pilates dvds out there. I did a little bellydancing when I was carrying my little one, though you have to be careful which movements you do.
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    As long as it's not crazy sports (think roller derby and wrestling) and you have no medical issues relating to this pregnancy you should be able to do most exercises. Just listen to your body, and follow up appointments with doctor/ midwife etc. during the pregnancy and you should be safe.

(lighter strenght exercises and walking is always a good option)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    My partner is also pregnant and I just got her a third trimester DVD called moms into fitness... have a look at that!

http://www.momsintofitness.com/
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Walking. Walking was my best friend while I was pregnant with my baby girl. Swimming is good too, I wasn't lucky enough to have a lot of access to a pool. But when I did, it felt SO wonderful to feel like I weighed 200 lbs lighter in the water. Also, if you haven't already, consider breast feeding when you give birth. Aside from the multiple wonderful benefits for your child...you'll drop weight like crazy. I lost 20 lbs practically overnight due to breastfeeding.

agree on the breastfeeding.
    I was 50 lbs overweight when I had given birth, and I dropped that (and 25 lbs more) in a 6 months by just breastfeeding and working out a few times a week. (I ate like a horse I tell you, and at times has to eat extra candy and cakes to not lose too much)
    Ohh... those were the days. I have never been as skinny as half a year after giving birth. Maybe a new baby is my new weightloss plan? :tongue: