Road Trip Snacks?

Options
lobita44
lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
Hi! I'm getting ready for a road trip over Spring Break, and I'm getting nervous. Not only will I be eating out for a week, I'll be in the car munching, too. So, I was wondering, does anyone have any great ideas for snacks in the car? I can only eat so many pretzels!

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• lobita44
    Options
    Hi! I'm getting ready for a road trip over Spring Break, and I'm getting nervous. Not only will I be eating out for a week, I'll be in the car munching, too. So, I was wondering, does anyone have any great ideas for snacks in the car? I can only eat so many pretzels!

Thanks! :smile:
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love beef/turkey jerkey when on road trips, good protein and lo-cal.

Also you can pops a few bags of 100 cal popcorn before and bring that.

Have a great trip:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Any of the 100 cal packs of snacks from (i think) nabisco are good to have b/c it is an easy way to watch how many calories you're eating. Try some fresh fruit, too!
  • jamrein
    jamrein Posts: 1
    Options
    Gold fish crackers are low in calories or oyster crackers...sometimes I take low calorie cereal (Kashi) and just eat it dry. Have fun!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    i used to be on the road a lot and I would stop and get food from a grocery store instead of fast food. I would make a salad at the salad bar and then get some fruit.

If you can bring a cooler you can bring sandwich fixings and fruit and veggies cut up with dip.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    chopped veggies, whole fruit, nuts, pitas and jar of peanut butter, and dark chocolate :wink:

These are some things that would not need to be refridgerated.

If you have a cooler, then you can also bring along some hummus, cheese sticks, lean meat (turkey or chicken), yogurt, and such.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Anytime I go on a road trip I bring a small cooler (just the kind you could bring to the beach or something) and fill it will chopped veggies, fruit, hummus, block cheese that I've pre-sliced to go with crackers, yogurt, and those individual servings of cottage cheese. You'd be amazed at what you can still eat on a road trip! If none of that sounds good to you try making your own trail mix - peanuts, cashews, craisins, raisins, and a small amount of M&Ms. This way you can control the amount of 'junk' food that's in your trail mix! If all else fails there's always those trusty 100 calorie packs.

Good luck! And HAVE FUN! :flowerforyou:
  • lobita44
    Options
    Thanks for all the GREAT suggestions! Now let the countdown begin....11 days!:happy:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Anytime I go on a road trip I bring a small cooler (just the kind you could bring to the beach or something) and fill it will chopped veggies, fruit, hummus, block cheese that I've pre-sliced to go with crackers, yogurt, and those individual servings of cottage cheese. You'd be amazed at what you can still eat on a road trip! If none of that sounds good to you try making your own trail mix - peanuts, cashews, craisins, raisins, and a small amount of M&Ms. This way you can control the amount of 'junk' food that's in your trail mix! If all else fails there's always those trusty 100 calorie packs.

Good luck! And HAVE FUN! :flowerforyou:

This is a good suggestion... I would also add LF string cheese to the cooler. It's yummy and also fun to eat (I like to peel really small strings so it lasts longer).
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: kris, i see that baby is almost ready to arrive! way cool ticker. good luck and be well :flowerforyou: