James Duigan Clean and Lean - what do you think?

Options
Okay, so I'm not ashamed to admit that Grazia magazine is pretty much my bible!

This week's issue has a diet and exersize plan in from James Duigan, who trains a lot of the models like Elle MacPherson and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, both of who have my ideal figure.

Anyway, I haven't read the article, but I was looking at reviews for his book 'Clean and Lean' on Amazon, and they all seem to be really good.

I would like to know if anyone has tried his plan (especially the 14 day kick start section), and how easy it was to do?

A lot of my worries are about the feasibility of food prep - I work long hours and its just not practical to have scrambled eggs for breakfast, much as I would like to.

Also, I was wondering if the food he recommends is really expensive (eg smoked salmon for breakfast - not going to happen every day).

I really want to try his plan, but I know I won't stick to the food element if it's not easily accessible and reasonable!

Would be really interested to hear from anyone who has tried/is considering trying his plan!

Replies

• kjh1204
    kjh1204 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm on my third day of the 14 day kickstart and so far it's been relatively easy. The first couple days were hard as going from a indulgent Christmas eating lots of sugar and drinking lots to cutting it all out completely was a bit of a shock but I'm starting to feel the effects now and it's worthwhile. I definitely feel less tired and my skin is already looking better.

The food does require a bit of preparation which is a pain when working long hours, however the book does include a couple of smoothie recipes that are a great quick option for breakfast. The kick-start is quite expensive as well as i'm trying to follow it to the letter which includes a lot of organic meat and smoked salmon but you can mix and match the meals and leave out the options you don't want (i.e swap smoked salmon with eggs or the smoothie option which is a lot cheaper).

I think after the first 14 days the diet will be a lot easier to follow and a lot cheaper and hopefully I will have lost some weight and it will have been worth the extra effort!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

A lot of my worries are about the feasibility of food prep - I work long hours and its just not practical to have scrambled eggs for breakfast, much as I would like to.

Also, I was wondering if the food he recommends is really expensive (eg smoked salmon for breakfast - not going to happen every day).

I know NOTHING about this particular plan - but you could substitute scrambled eggs for hard boiled eggs - which I do every day. I boil and shell them the night before and take them to work in a container.

Also you can buy smoked salmon trimmings at Tesco for about £1 which does me 2 lunches/breakfast. It doesn't look as pretty as the expensive stuff - but its just the bits they cut off to make that stuff square!
  • msgsarah
    msgsarah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for letting me know the honest truth, I appreciate it. I might still give it a go, armed with the money saving tip about the salmon - thanks so much!
  • krissiesteen
    Options
    Hey,

I've been on the Duigan 14 day since Jan 3rd and it has had a profound effect on me. Seriously, I've never been a morning person and have always needed 8 hours sleep. In the last 3 days I've been up and full of energy at 6am, feeling happy and honestly functioning very well on 6-7 hours sleep.
    We are not following the diet to the letter (not eating organic meat and planning our own meals, as per his suggestions), we're lucky that in Australia seafood is relatively cheap, so we've been eating a lot of fish.
    We have both already lost a noticeable amount of weight! I am not hungry at any point (but we have been diligent at having our snacks at the right time) and haven't had cravings (except for beer/wine, which we have counteracted with soda, fresh lime and lots of ice - its HOT here). I would say our success has been in planning ahead. We shopped for all the ingredients for the week and each evening we prepare our lunches. Scrambled eggs have been easy because they are so quick! We are getting up earlier so have more time.
    Honestly, give it a go!
    I've tried Dax Moy and Bill Phillips' diets that are kind of similar, but this one is definitely the best yet.
    Good luck!
  • krissiesteen
    Options
    Oh and I've been eating fruit... which is a no no.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angel_102
    Options
    I've been doing clean and lean for 7 days and have followed the 14 day kickstart plan religiously....and it has totally been worth it! Lost 6lbs in one week, and I've never had such fast results from a diet before, even very low carb, etc.

Once you get into the swing of it the food is really tasty and easy to stick to. The only problem I've had is travelling for work and ending up eating chicken salads for 3 days in a row. But that is hardy a deal-breaker. I found the portion control element of the kickstart plan really helpful too - I struggle with getting my appetite and my calorie needs in balance.

The only thing I haven't done is follow his exercise plan but I already walk 2+ hours a day with the dog so I'm not too bothered.

Given my results so far (without feeling hungry or hard-done-by) I'd totally recommend this diet plan :-)