So hungry

Options
Last night I went to bed so hungry, but I'd eaten my cals for the day. What do you guys do when that happens? Do you have a little something, or just go to bed???

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I try to test my body at that point by having a glass of water.

If it is truly hunger, then you should consider better meal planning throughout the day, or see if you can incorporate smaller meals throughout the day to help keep you stabilized
  • witham_lady
    Options
    i find just keeping enough calories for a bowl of fruit can just take the edge off coz once your asleep you wont feel hungry
  • Kellie82much
    Kellie82much Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to bed so hungry, but I'd eaten my cals for the day. What do you guys do when that happens? Do you have a little something, or just go to bed???
    You may want to look at your protein intake. Protein will keep you feeling full longer than simple carbs will.
  • girllimberlost
    Options
    I would eat something that has complex carbs and protein. If you are starving through the night, your blood sugar will be either too low in the morning, or worse, because your body will start to break down glucagon in the liver, too high. 100 calories won't tip the scales too far one way or the other.

I usually go for a few slices of lunch meat and a bunch of celery, or whip up an egg white omelet with some mushrooms and spinach.

Just take care that you plan out your calories through the day. The best plan is to eat small meals at least 6 times a day, or every 2-3 hours. If you do that, your blood sugar doesn't spike or drop, and you have the best chance of burning extra fat stores.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I suggest resetting your macro goals to 40/30/30
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your food diary for yesterday and my suggestion would be more PROTIEN! No wonder you were hungry! Look at what you and when (time) you are eating. If your last meal is 5pm and you don't go to bed until 11pm make sure you "save" some calories for a snack. And increase (I'd say double) your protien. I try to do 100 grm a day of protein. Its what I've found keeps me from getting hungry. Protien dosn't have to be high calorie. Think low-fat cheese (there are some awesome 50 cal options), greek yogurt, chicken, tuna are all good options. Look at protein shakes and bars. I like Nectar protein shakes and Dr Carbrite Diet bars. I usually do a 1/2 or 1/4 of the bar at a time. Good luck!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat a protein bar and drink a glass of water.
    To hell with my calories.

At some point it gets easier, but going through those bedtime cravings is just the worse part of this.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Maybe you stretched your stomach over xmas like me. If your on 2lb loss a week change to 1.5 for a week so you can have a little more then go back to 2lb? Porridge is the answer for me x
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours. 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm, 6pm, and 9PM. So I always have a good snack before bed. I know they say its bad to eat before bed, but if you're under your calorie goal, who cares. Make sure its something that will last you until you fall asleep.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Span out your food and try to eat every 3 hours. Also Grapes are a great way to fill you up and it has little calories
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Have a healthy, low calorie snack even if it puts you over a tiny bit. If this is something that happens to you often, plan for it.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    According to your diary you had 49 calories to spend, this could give you a biscuit or a couple of medium carrots for instance however going over a few calories some days is not a mortal sin and if it bothers you to go to bed feeling hungry you may as well eat something small before bed so that you can feel better.
    The key is to sacrifice yourself a little on the "pleasures" but don't over sacrifice that in a few weeks you'll just say to hell with this I'm just going to have pizza for a week now!