Is this realistic?

Options
jaded1
jaded1 Posts: 14 Member
I am working out, so I won't have to buy new clothes and also, I am training to be able to lift 70lbs easily. (I want to become a stock person in a grocery store).

If I only weigh about 115 lbs is this reasonable?

Replies

• jaded1
    Options
    I am working out, so I won't have to buy new clothes and also, I am training to be able to lift 70lbs easily. (I want to become a stock person in a grocery store).

If I only weigh about 115 lbs is this reasonable?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you're asking... Are you asking if it is reasonable to get to a point where a 115 lb. female can lift 70 lb.?
  • jaded1
    Options
    Yes. I only lift about 40lbs now , but can I be around 115lbs and be able to lift 70 lbs easy? Or will I have to weigh more?
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    The amount you weigh really has no bearing on how much you can lift. In order to lift 70 pounds you must have muscle. You could weigh 225 and not be able to lift much if you do not have muscle. I once weighed 115 and worked in a jail where I was successfully pushing and shoving around people 3 times my size due to have muscle mass.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    when you're strength training you will put on muscle. So ya, you'll put on a few lbs. But your overall size shouldn't change much. Your clothes should still fit. Muscle weighs a lot but it doesn't take up much space.
  • greeneggsam
    greeneggsam Posts: 121
    Options
    When you say "lift", do you just mean a dead lift, or like a bench press? I am 108 lbs right now and I can bench 70-75 lbs for a single shot, but I stick to 12-15 reps with the bar (45 lbs) so I don't get too bulky...