Frustrated with results

Options
when i first weighed in 5weeks ago i weighed 79.9kilos and i now weight 73.0kilos so ive lost about 7kilos
im frustrated as i have taken measurements and i havent changed, i cant see where the weight has been lost
and this is frustrating.. i really would like to lose 20-25kilos so almost half way and i wanderimg if i should up my goal as im not seeing different yet..

Help!

Replies

• apark8
    apark8 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think you are doing great so far and even though you cannot see it yet you have already lost some weight and so you are on the right track! I do not know what your workout routine is like or your diet but everyone loses weight differently and in different places, no question about it. Also, in many cases you will work out and tone your muscles but there will still be a frustrating layer of fat over the muscle!!! This may be why you are not seeing that much of a difference after only 5 weeks? Eventually that fat will burn off but unfortunately that can take some time and patience :(. I have been working with a trainer and she has said that one way to burn this tricky fat faster is to work your major muscle groups (back, chest, legs) because then your body will in fact be burning more fat and calories when you are not even doing anything!

Hope this helps and I would say I would stick with your goal for now and then once you reach it you can evaluate where you are at and set a new goal!
  • Ingadinga
    Ingadinga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it seems like my body shape suddenly changes one day. I've lost a total of 11 kg since August and there has been months where my measurements didn't change but I lost weight. My goal weight is whenever I have lost my belly fat rolls, lol.
  • lillybug11
    Options
    thanks guys,
    i just hope i will see some difference soon.. really wanna go wedding dress shopping soon :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Whats your calorie goal set to?
    If its too low you may see results for a while but...
    If its too high you will maintain or even gain.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't be down - you are doing a great job, the weight is coming off, and gradually which is much better for your body, and I think sometimes we don't notice it, sometimes others don't notice it, but if those numbers are going down its all good :-) I only just started this this week so I am encouraged when I see others getting results.

My daughter is getting married 31 August this year so I want to lose weight before I go mother-of-the-bride shopping.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hey don't get down, it will start to show soon. Just keep on doing what you're doing, which is a great job!

I've lost 81lbs now, but if I relied on my tape measure I'd be pulling my hair out because according to that I've only lost half an inch off my waist and nothing else. The only place that I could see I looked any thinner was in my face!

I think we all assume that the weight will come off the one place we really want it to, it doesn't work like that, as I've come to realise - my loss must be an overall layer.

Keep on with what you're doing, and take regular pictures if you are able. You'll probably be the last person to notice any change, but others will. Sometimes people don't like to comment that you've lost weight in case they embarrass you, I had this said to me last week by a 70yr old man who comes into my aquafit session - he said that over the months he can really see that I've lost weight but didn't like to mention it before in case he said the wrong thing.

Enjoy that wedding dress shopping - bet you'll be pleasantly surprised!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're building some good muscle? 1 kg of muscle is smaller than 1kg fat. That's a good thing! Increases the metabolism.

Also- take 'before' pics quick, then in a few weeks, if you still think there's no difference, take some more in the same outfit and position, and you might be surprised :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!