Sooo hungry....but not working out?

Options
Ok so, normally I run 2x a week and do some sort of weight lifting or work out video whenever else during the week. I stay within my calories and ALWAYS eat my exercise calories! My husband has been out of town since Monday and so I made myself crazy busy during the week,so i would sit at home and do nothing but miss him. So I haven't worked out this week at all yet because I made myself too busy!hahaa Which isnt a big deal, I'm gonna run on Thursday.

My question is, WHY am I sooo freakishly hungry today??? I eat the same normal things that sustain me when I am working out, but today is only day since I started this over 2 months ago that I feeling like I'm starving. I even went for a 1/2 hour walk at lunch because I thought maybe Im just bored, but got back to my desk and nope, still hungry. Not even just "peckish" I feel like I havent eaten all day and I've had lots to eat so far.....why would this be? I could understand if I was working out but, ironically this is the only week I havent! What gives, and what can I do? Should I give in and eat? I am having a hearty dinner so I am going over my calories by 100 cal already and I ate lunch like 30 minutes ago so I know Im not empty!! Help

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Ok so, normally I run 2x a week and do some sort of weight lifting or work out video whenever else during the week. I stay within my calories and ALWAYS eat my exercise calories! My husband has been out of town since Monday and so I made myself crazy busy during the week,so i would sit at home and do nothing but miss him. So I haven't worked out this week at all yet because I made myself too busy!hahaa Which isnt a big deal, I'm gonna run on Thursday.

My question is, WHY am I sooo freakishly hungry today??? I eat the same normal things that sustain me when I am working out, but today is only day since I started this over 2 months ago that I feeling like I'm starving. I even went for a 1/2 hour walk at lunch because I thought maybe Im just bored, but got back to my desk and nope, still hungry. Not even just "peckish" I feel like I havent eaten all day and I've had lots to eat so far.....why would this be? I could understand if I was working out but, ironically this is the only week I havent! What gives, and what can I do? Should I give in and eat? I am having a hearty dinner so I am going over my calories by 100 cal already and I ate lunch like 30 minutes ago so I know Im not empty!! Help
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Getting enough water? Sometimes thirst can be mistaken for hunger...

That being said, I have days like this once in a while too... And for some reason, a single piece of chocolate does it for me... I don't know why, but it's as if my body doesn't want to feel full until I have something sweet in it. My DH doesn't understand how I can do it, but I'll buy a bag of goodies and it will still have some left at the end of the month. But one or two here and there is generally good enough for me!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Are you bored? Have you drank enough water? Is it your TOM? If you drink some water and still feel hungry in 20 minutes or so just eat piece of fruit. I have noticed the longer I eat something the more of that particular food it takes to fill me up. We all have hi/lo days. Some days I eat 200-300 cals over then a few days later I am under.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    it might be hormonal, is it that time of the month? you might be burning more fuel than you think. I say you should find something to eat that has substance,protein/fiber, or you'll just nibble all day and then really go over your cal's for the day. and if your already planning a big dinner, maybe plan on portioning a bit less to compensate for your afternoon. I find that being starving all day only makes me overeat later, counterproductive. goodluck today...