Any ladies over 45 fighting premenopause weight gain

Options
:smile: Hey new to mfp looking for some over 40's friends for support.

Replies

• smorrill63
    Options
    I'm new to MFP today! I'm about 85 lbs. overweight (some charts say 100 lbs.) and I'm disgusted with the condition of my body. I hit 40 and it's like my body just exploded. I'm 49 this month and feeling desperate for something to work. I've done every program and spent thousands of dollars to find the right fit for me and my weight loss. I've finally decided that I just have to get my eating under control and really be honest with myself. I'm at the point now where everything just hurts because of the extra weight...knees, back, neck etc. So I'm trying to have a positive attitude and really take an honest look at my diet and exercise.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me. I'll be 45 in April. Lost 112 in exactly one year. Trying to lose the last 10 now and it's a battle I WILL win. I knew I had to ditch this weight for my health but also before the dreaded menopause years. Not there yet, thank God. LOL
  • cynbassani
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cynthia and I'm 50....I just want to drop 30 lbs. I want to get back to being healthy for me!
  • smorrill63
    Options
    Wow!! That is so inspirational. Good for you.
  • pegsu1963
    Options
    I can totally relate. I am 48 and I have about 75 more lbs to lose and and frustrated as well. Started at the gym in October and have lost 20lbs, but am stalling out now. I am very impatient and want to see more results faster.