I am tired of being the "big girl" !

Options
Hello Everyone! :smile:

I need a change in my life, and I plan on using this website as my first stepping stone in my journey. Now that I am getting married in December, it has become even more important to do something about my weight. I want to be proud and pretty on that day, not fat and self conscious.

I am looking forward to giving and receiving motivation and support to all you wonderful members out there.

p.s. If anyone lives near me, I am looking for an exercise partner!

Replies

• His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Hello Everyone! :smile:

I need a change in my life, and I plan on using this website as my first stepping stone in my journey. Now that I am getting married in December, it has become even more important to do something about my weight. I want to be proud and pretty on that day, not fat and self conscious.

I am looking forward to giving and receiving motivation and support to all you wonderful members out there.

p.s. If anyone lives near me, I am looking for an exercise partner!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome, congrats and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings and welcome to this site, I'm sure you will find it most helpful!

Teammate,
    Fat Dancer
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Lots of folks here to help, just ask. Wow Wisconsin, that's what 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skiing, just kidding coming from here where we have 12 months of bad skiing and 9 months of Where is the air conditioner!:wink:
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. I hope that you reach all your goals before the big day.
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Lots of folks here to help, just ask. Wow Wisconsin, that's what 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skiing, just kidding coming from here where we have 12 months of bad skiing and 9 months of Where is the air conditioner!:wink:

Ha ha, it is snowing as we speak! I think we are up to a 15 inch snow pack now.

The saying around here goes like this, " In Wisconsin, there are two seasons: Winter and Road Work!"
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    LOL know what you mean we had about 2 inches the other day, lasted about 30 hours and the run on the stores emptied them of bread, milk and chips...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Welcome welcome welcome!

Here's to you and your decision to make a change for life! :drinker:
  • cristleb
    Options
    Welcome, This site is Amazing I love it !! Let me know if I can help you in anyway k..
  • asg301323
    Options
    Good luck, You can do it!!! My wedding picture that was taken 18 years ago is my inspiration. I had this tiny little waist!! I had two kids, got divorced, got married and just had another child three years ago when I was 37 years old. The best advice I can give you is to learn the good eating habits now, drop that 80 lbs and don't ever let it come back. I have 80 to lose too. I started a week ago and have already lost 5lbs. You can do it!!!!
  • aahlight
    Options
    Your wedding is on its way...jsut as a word from the experienced...If you struggle with your weight it only gets harder after you get married..and even worse when you have a baby..It is best to find a healthy way of living before you get yourself into that situation...I wore a 12.. on a 5'8 " muscular build..170-80 pounds..very lean....now I am in a size 28...308 pounds...do it while you can..It is hard but very important