LOW SODIUM...

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
Okay, so I know not EVERYONE on this site is 9 months pregnant but we all could use some sodium modification, right!?!?! :happy:

I am due one month from today and my body is SWOLLEN with water retention! :noway: I know that this stage is inevitable but I was wondering if anyone had some LOW SODIUM suggestions on food? I love, love, love salty foods but my body just can't handle them right now. :love:

HELP!!! :sad:

:heart: Kris

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    Okay, so I know not EVERYONE on this site is 9 months pregnant but we all could use some sodium modification, right!?!?! :happy:

I am due one month from today and my body is SWOLLEN with water retention! :noway: I know that this stage is inevitable but I was wondering if anyone had some LOW SODIUM suggestions on food? I love, love, love salty foods but my body just can't handle them right now. :love:

HELP!!! :sad:

:heart: Kris
  • LeeAnn11
    LeeAnn11 Posts: 37
    Options
    You look GREAT for being 8 months pregnant!!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    You look GREAT for being 8 months pregnant!!

Thanks but that pic is from about 5-6 months... I'm WAY HUGE now!!! haha!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY BOY. Awesome. I had the same problem with my daughter. Couldn't even wear shoes, it was so bad. Other than keeping very well hydrated, take time and put your feet above your heart. It really does help. And just think of all the weight you're going to lose once the baby is born. Update your picture when you can. We want to see a glowing mommy.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Three kids here - so I know what you mean!

Use the croockpot - start it in the morning and you will have your meal (plus a couple more) ready by dinner time.

By making your own soups/stews - you have total control over sodium (can add none or just a little).

Drink your water and move (walk, swim, etc.) Hang in there - it will be over before you know it :flowerforyou: