Dear furry child!

Options

Replies

• GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    I have 3 dogs - 2 springer spaniels, William and Saffy, 1 labrador, Chester, I also have one kitten named Bones, and a horse called Phoebe. I love my furry friends they make life worth while.:happy:
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My furry child is 10 weeks old and still pees and poops on my carpet. I don't have anything nice to say about him right now! :noway:
    Mine is almost 10 years old and still was using the carpet in our closet when we left her alone. We replaced the carpet with flooring and now she uses the peepad that is always in the master bathroom but apparently the carpet was better! Not sure if "Baby" quallifies but she is a hamster, she doesn't like people much unless you come bringing gifts of apples, spinach or sunflower seeds (her favorite, she will even lower herself down to our level and get on your hand). But she is fun and knows her name, will stop her incessant wheel spinning when you call her, then she's like, food???
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My furry children hear the alarm clock go off at 5:30, and just snuggle closer, hoping to entice us into staying in bed. My husband gets up first, and then usually comes back in to drag me out of the bed.

As soon as he gets near the bed, one of my girls always tries to bark him away. They don't want to get up that early any more that I do! :laugh:
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have two cats - Milo & Penelope, which are brother & sister. They're a pain in the neck but i don't think I'd have as much entertainment without them!

Dear FurPITAs:

I'm sorry I left wine in the sink last night, only to wake up to purple paw prints all over the kitchen counter. I'm more sorry you have the ability to jump up and down on the counters with ease.
  • deepbluesea
    Options
    We crate train plus I tend to keep him on a leash with me so that I can always watch him. The signs are definetely there but I'm afraid if he is not on a leash with me then I will get distracted and lose sight of him! I know not to expect much - it's just so hard sometimes - we'll get there!

diesel.jpg

OMG CUTEST DOG EVER!!! this made me want a dog!! i have kittens (two). McNally is my little baby and I wish she would STOP running around and knocking things over at 3 AM!!
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have two. Bo and Daisy Duke. Bo is a Rottie/German Shepherd mix (14 months). He is the sweetest dog ever. Every morning as soon as he sees that I am awake he will crawl up next to me and lay his head on my shoulder. He is a Momma's boy, and is afraid of everything. Hubby and I "speak" for them and his catch-phrase is "Huh? What?.. I'm Scared!" LOL

Daisy is a blue tick beagle (10 months). She is also very sweet- a Daddy's Girl (he bought her a custom fitted Christmas dress for our Christmas picture, but he doesn't spoil her LOL). She is fearless and top dog in the house even if she is only a third of Bo's size. She is a holy terror. If something can be chewed, she has chewed it. Her list of "accomplishments" includes (but is not limited to lol):

14 pairs of shoes
    3 sets of insoles
    1 Laptop Power Cord
    2 Cell phones
    1 METAL cellphone case
    1 Gazziliion pairs of socks
    47 pairs of boxers/underwear
    3 Walls (yep, WALLS)
    1 Bedroom Door
    1 Carpet
    1 Baby Gate
    2 Pairs of Headphones
    3 Pairs of Earbuds
    1 Pair of boxing gloves
    2 pairs of workout pants
    2 t-shirts
    2 issues of Cooking Light
    12+ Potholders
    24+ Tupperware Containers
    5 Recipes (at least)
    4 Plastic Bowls
    3 Plastic Cups
    2 Correlle Plates (she just broke them, I think lol)
    And a Partridge in a Pear Tree... Well, if we had a partridge in a pear tree she would probably eat it!

She has also gotten into chocolate at least 3 times (including a very expensive emergency vet trip when she ate a box of raisinets). And LOVES candy canes and lollypops. It's actually kinda adorable to see her come running into the room after she has found daddy's stash with a lollypop sticking out of her mouth. "Look what I found Mommy! It's soooo tasty!" But, even with all she has destroyed, I love her. :-)

This made me LOL so hard. My sister had a dog like that. I have 3 cats. They drive me mental but I love them. One is on my ticker but I don't know how to post pics here sorry. x
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Dear furry children - Thank you for making sure that I am up every morning bright early. However, I don't need you to remind me to feed you (Boogie). I know you're hungry, but if you trip me on my way down the stairs, chances are you won't get your food because I will have broken something! It's also not necessary to hog the bed (both of you, but more so Bootsie) nightly. For goodness sakes, your cats...You shouldn't need that much room!

I could not picture my life without the two of you in it. I love you both and when you purr, it makes me so happy to know that I've made you happy :love:
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2011-12-16123357.jpg Jack

2011-09-29160850.jpg Duke

They are my life. Jack is 12 weeks old and Duke is 4 :D
  • deepbluesea
    Options
    Dear Furry Children,

You both annoy the complete heck out of me. When I try to sleep, you chase each other and jump all over me. When I try to cook, you sail between my feet like a couple of sharks, causing me to trip up and cut/burn myself. When I try to eat, you climb up my chest for a nibble of what I have on my fork.
    You eat everything. Strawberries, onions, tomatoes, you devour. You drink my tea. You even go wild for my lavender tea, I have no idea why, but it's absolutely nuts.
    You also leave a trail of fur where ever you go, which has made sleeping difficult, and even gotten me into trouble at work because my uniform (supposed to be black) is white.

However. You have both made the bad days better. I'll never know how you seem to know when I'm sad, but when I start crying and you both pad over to me and fall asleep on me, I feel comforted. When I've been alone, you've kept me company. When I need to wake up, you paw at my face and save me from being lazy and wasting the day. I got you both in order to spoil you, but it seems you are the ones who have spoiled me.

To my little Nina and Reno, my fluffy little pains in the *kitten*.

my_ladycat_nina__by_maloncandy-d48497y.jpg

my_mancat_reno_by_maloncandy-d4849hz.jpg

way too sweet.... i love cats!!
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What a cute puppy!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    http://happydance-dancinghappy.blogspot.com/2010/12/bella-and-her-nose.html

http://happydance-dancinghappy.blogspot.com/2011/07/bug-in-bread-box.html

http://happydance-dancinghappy.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-dogs-face.html

http://happydance-dancinghappy.blogspot.com/2011/03/bellas-new-duck.html

http://happydance-dancinghappy.blogspot.com/2011/04/working-out-isnt-working-out.html

Dear FurBaby Bella, mommy's baby girl,

I love you and can't wait to see you everyday when I come home...but if you could, while I work out do you think you can stop licking my face when I am doing crunchs? Stop putting your duck on my back when I am doing pushups, and stop staring at me when I am walking on the treadmill because you want to go for a walk too, you always sit down mid way through the walk when your little legs get tired (once the weather stays good you know I will be taking you out!). Also your howls are way too cute for words!

Love,
    Mommy

Listed above are links to my blog posts about my dog and her little adventures...one of them is workout related and what she does when I do workout dvds...ENJOY! :) Write comments on my blog to tell me what you think!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love my puppy chow she is such a cutie! And does silly things! Especially at about 5:00am! You see my alarm goes off at that moment and I think Madison thinks to herself "Oh damn that noise that makes mommy get out of bed! Maybe if I get all cute and gently crawl under the covers and strategically put myself in a comfy spot next to her she won't get up!" It makes it very tough to get up : (
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    I have a 40 pound Yellow Cur (aka a mutt or basic canine) who thinks he's a lap dog. He is an absolute pet but has some rescue issues. We don't know a lot abut his history but he does not like to be pulled by his collar, reacts badly to being nudged by a foot and has extreme separation anxiety. He is very protective of the family and property and has a real pack mentality. He's a sucky snuggle bunny.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have 7 fur children. It is a complete madhouse around here. We often comment that the "inmates run this asylum".

I have 2 calico cats... one who is long haired (her name is Bristol) and insists on sleeping on ALL my dark clothes. It doesn't matter how well I try and hide them, she will find them. I will put them on and be covered in long white hair. My other calico is a short hair (her name is Daisy), is old (almost 13) and the crankiest cat you'll ever meet. Simply trying to pet her will result in a very grouchy MEOOOOOOW and an attempt at biting you.

I have a purebred bengal cat (his name is Stewart) - he's a thorn in my side. He loves water to the point of ridiculous. If you leave the toilet seat up, he will flush the toilet so he can watch the water go down. He tries to turn the kitchen faucet on and is known for getting into the washer while it is filling (gotta check it before closing the lid!). When he's bored, he will get himself into trouble by trying to pull pictures off the walls, biting at your legs, etc.

I have a bengal/maine coon mix (his name is Earnhardt) - he weighs about 35lbs and thinks he is the king of the world. If things don't go his way, he'll bite your ankle until you get him what he wants. He's a spoiled brat.

I have a plain ole tiger cat (his name is Phoenix, but we call him Jack (as in Jack *kitten*) - He's the baby of the cats and is still in the kitten stage at age 2. He's constantly into SOMETHING. He loves home rolled cigarettes (my boyfriend smokes and Jack is always running off with the cigarettes he's rolled.. lol), headphones and anything left on the counter that he can push off and play with. He's always picking on Daisy (the old cat) and so there is a lot of noise with her "yelling" at him.

I also have 2 dogs:

Forrest - he's a lab/beagle mix. He's high strung, mouthy and thinks he should be the boss of everything. He loves to bark and see which cat he can chase through the house (his favorite is Stew). He knows a lot of tricks and is a good dog -- most of the time.

Clyde - he's an American Bulldog/boxer mix (we thought he had shar pei in him, but we found out that he's just those two). He's only 8 months old and already weighs in at a whopping 80lbs. Unfortunately, he has NO clue that he's so big and wants to sit on your lap like a puppy. My thighs and arms are always bruised from him sitting on my lap or "boxing" at my arms to get my attention. He loves to snuggle. He's a character.

I love all my fur babies. My life wouldn't be the same without them.
  • Fishing4Stars
    Options
    Dear, Giant, (very) Furry Child,

Thank you for trying to sit on my lap every morning even though you will never, ever fit. Your cuddles bring me up when I'm hurting.

Thank you for helping me with my disability by carrying the backpack for me on our long walks and hikes - I love being able to walk all day in the woods with you and witness your joy for life and delight at running around sniffing all the trees and little animal tracks - all without the pain that used to define hiking for me.

I promise I will help you lose those last 7 pounds the vet said you should lose, and I will give you your anti-itchy bath every week during the winter so you are comfortable.

I love you,
    Dee

(Can't figure out how to post pictures, but my Bear is right there in my profile pic.)
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love my furry children too!!!

Queenie- She's our 7 1/2 yr old Border Collie. Such a sweetie who keeps the kids entertained for HOURS. She is almost always at my side.

Penny- A stray Tiger Stripe cat I found about 11 years ago. She's my baby. Our daughter, Lily LOVES her and Penny runs in her bedroom at bedtime every night.

Bender- He was my brothers cat that kept getting out and we were worried he would get hit by a car out where he lives. We took him in and he's been our fluffy buddy since. He's about a year and a half old Tiger Stripe.

Sith- Our newest addition because he's just too darn cute. My other brothers cat had kittens and I always said when Vera had babies, I was taking one because she's such a sweet cat. He's about 6 months old, almost pure black (he has a few white chest hairs) and quite a spit fire. He and Bender are buds and play all day long. Our son, Hunter LOVES him and that's who Sith sleeps with.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<< this is my fur child,
    if I knew how to post pic to a thread I would,
    She so funny at 9 pm every night she goes up stairs and stares at me,
    like to say mom time for bed
  • puzwuz1
    puzwuz1 Posts: 42
    Options
    My furry child, Mogwai, is literally my fitness pal! He loves to go on runs with me and even made me push myself the other day. I was running with him on the leash and had to stop to catch my breath and when I did he walked to the farthest point of the leash, looked back at me and I swear told me, "PICK UP THE PACE, LET'S GO!!". I actually could not run, because I could not stop laughing at his facial expression, but that was awesome! For him, he is NOT a morning person!! I wake up a 430 am to make it to the gym before work, and I have to literally pick him up, set him outside to use the bathroom then he makes the effort to go back upstairs to jump back into bed and get under the covers. :laugh:

th_Mogwai_1.jpg
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My furry child, Mogwai,

Oh love that you call him Mogwai and not GIZMO! Ugh I know SO many people with a "gizmo"!
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Dear Cole: You have been my best friend for 10 years and I'm quite sure you're the greatest dog on the planet. You're lab side is always happy and reminds me that life is great great great! Your Shar-Pei side is my protector. The gray hairs that are starting to show on your face make me sad, and I would do anything to stop time for you.

Dear Caesar: You are the grumpiest cat I have ever met, but on a good day you are so snuggly and sweet and it makes up for it. You love Cole and follow him everywhere, it's so cute! I wish you'd learn to accept Chloe, because your yowling upsets Cole and annoys the heck out of me. She's been here 2 years, get over it already.

Dear Chloe: Has there ever been a cuter cat than you? You are my shadow, always following me. I suspect you like to annoy Caesar just because he gets so upset about it. I would really appreciate it if you'd stop attacking my feet when I play Dance Central 2! I have to try not to stomp on you!