What's the longest plateau you have been on?

Options
2»

Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for a few months, so I upped my calories from 1350 to 1600 and that did the trick for me.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    my plateau last like 1.5 months - what finally made me get over this was eating once a day for 2 days straight.
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've never been on a plateau. If you completely understand the science behind fat loss/water weight/nutrition/etc you'll realize they really don't exist. IF your weight is not going down, there is an explainable reason behind it. You simply have to understand what that reason is and adjust accordingly.

bully for you
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Since April....so I would say 9-10 months. Thank god I really do not care that much what the scale is saying.

In the same time, my belly went from this :

6193387278_203e3ae38c.jpg
    Photo 009 by yanicka, on Flickr

To this :

6443643851_b54111feda.jpg
    Photo by yanicka, on Flickr

My Body fat dropped from 30% to 23%
    I was able to squat 70 pounds more.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau since I quit smoking late July. I'm changing things up a little, hoping things change.
  • LeighErin
    Options
    I have been stuck at the same weight since December 2010....tried everything to get off it. :( Finally rejoined mfp to try again and hired a personal trainer 3 days a week. Stomach hasn't shrunk either. I hit a weight and fat ratio and my body refuses to move (even though I used to me 20 lbs lighter)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Basically since June 2011 I have been fluctuating with the same 5 lbs. I am still sticking with it and playing with my calories right now to see if I can get some movement. But actually what I want is less fat and more lean muscle!
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been plateauing for 2 months so far. But you all guys made me scared! 4 months, 9 months, years... I'm afraid to stuck for such long term.