When should you eat if you are working out in the morning?

Options
When should you eat if you are working out in the morning? I am starting a regimen that will allow me to get up, shower, take my daughter to child care, and finally go to a yogalates or Reststance Workout class before work. When is the best time to eat in this situation? Should I eat a breakfast and a snack after the workout? I'm all new to this,so any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• jessicamckay13
    Options
    It really depends on you. I'm a known puker so if I work out before about 8am I can't eat anything. If I will be up for a couple hours before the workout then I have a light breakfast, get my workout in, then have a big snack after.

Try to get in some carbs and plan your post workout snack to be carbs/protein mix.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    for me, I do a heavy cardio or strength workout about an hour after waking. (45 min to 60 min)

I do best with a protein shake only, or half a banana and water at least 30 min before workout.

If I eat more, OR eat nothing, it effects my performance,

I have breakfast after my workout is done.

I also personally like a BCAA supplement added to my water while I workout, since I have little food in me.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can tolerate and helps you feel best during your workout. Could be anything from a large meal to nothing.