Trying to quit smoking

Options
2»

Replies

• allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I came here because I quit :laugh: you do have to be ready, if you still think you want it, but chose to torture yourself and go without, you will always want it. It is a mindset. I quit on May 28 of last year, and have never even considered going back to it or cheating. I am not martyr, this was after the 35000 other times I tried quitting :noway:

I purchased the Allen Carr's easy way to quit smoking. It cost about $20 canadian, the cost of about two packs of cigaretts up here, and read that. Read it twice, and while you are reading it you can still smoke. It really really helps with getting your mind wrapped around not wanting to smoke. Because to be successful at it, you have to want it. To quit but still want it means you have way more willpower than I did. It is like why we joined here to learn how to eat well and be healthy, not to go on a diet that will eventually end. ONce you adapt to the thinking part, you will be successful at it :)

I highly recommend the book, I did the patch, zyban, all that stuff. I am sure it doesn't work for everyone, but it really worked for my brain. Good luck.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    for every smoke run 1 mile

hahaha I would have been to china by now (and back):laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    for every smoke run 1 mile

hahaha I would have been to china by now (and back):laugh:
    that would have been a great trip