5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• celticknot83
    celticknot83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 My goal is 140...I currently have 170lbs left to lose.
  • damuchi429
    damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and now weigh 265 my goal is 170.
  • christatree
    christatree Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic.
    I'm 5'8 cw 174. I've set my gw at 150 b/c after having 2 kids my body isn't shaped the same as it was in HS when I was 138. But once I reach my gw I might decide to go lower depending on how the new body looks. :-)
  • singingchick1515
    singingchick1515 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I started my journey at 254. I'm currently at 200 and want to get to 160 pounds.
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Healthiest I've been: 145. Smallest I've been: 135 (looked a little too bony). Biggest I've been: 250 (right after I gave birth to my daughter). Now: 190, and my goal is to first get to 160 for my first goal, then to get to 145 again.
  • juliesauber13
    Options
    Being a little taller definitely helps the weight distribute more, though!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is 145. I got down to 135 at one point, but I couldn't maintain. I'm currently 158.
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    138 is my goal :)
  • Bhan133
    Bhan133 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 21yrs old, 5'8 and 152 at the moment. I think I have a medium-ish frame, hour-glass with big boobs (32F). My heaviest has been around the 158mark and lowest I've been before was a comfortable UK size10 (I didnt own a weighing scales at the time) and since getting a weighing scales lowest I have been was about 142 but I'd like to get to 140 and then see from there whether to go to 135.

I want to keep curves but toning up is my big problem. I'm a UK size 12 but would like to be a comfortable UK 10, I know with my frame I will never be an 8 because even at age 13-14 I was 5'6 and skinny but a 10. So I think in US sizing I'm a 10 at the moment but want to be an 8 (and will never manage a 6!)
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I started at 250lbs, and working to 150lbs. I have to be honest though if I got to 157-160 and I was lean, my body fat was around 20% then I'd be happy and say enough is enough. I'm currently at 172lbs, so my next target is 170. And i'll carry on working down in 5lb incruments :)
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a big-ish frame. Start weight last year was 214, got down to 186 last year, then met my boyfriend... oops! Back on it now with a start weight of 203 and am aiming for 154-147ish, but it's been so long since I've been that weight I may change my mind when I get there! I think any less than 10 stone will look unhealthy on me.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    Just wondering any ladies (or men!) that are on the taller than average side... havent figured what my GOAL weight is...
    Im currently just under 168.. im seeing 140pounds as a good starting point tho :)

Im 5' 8" and im currently on 167 and have set my goal at 140lbs then i will see how i look and feel before i decide wether to maintain or to carry on loosing.

Good luck though :)
  • gynoid
    gynoid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 146. Currently I'm 125-126, but I'd quite like to be 120. I'm not sure if that's realistic, so I'm not focussing on the numbers much at the moment, but rather on my measurements and on getting some proper strength training in. I'd rather build muscle and have less body fat than lose the weight, to be honest.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm officially 5'7 3/4", but my goal weight is 135. I started out around 200, & am 157.6 as of today. I still have a LOT of fat on my arms...they barely look different to me than 40 lbs ago, & have fat on my stomach I want to get rid of. People keep telling me I probably can't lose 23 more lbs, which I guess is possible since I have lots of muscle & am trying to build more, so I will just see how I look when I get closer.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6 1/2" and I reached my goal of 135 I am trying have a low body fat level now.. currently around 21% . Would like it be 19-20% and I would not care if my weight changed. I have always been heavier then I looked and I shrunk a couple inches because my spine is curved from teenage malnutrition . I used to be 5' 8" and weighed around 170 pounds
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weighh 183.. I have a current goal of 145. One I get there, I will reevaluate and see if I'm happy with it or if i want to lose a little more.
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and have a goal of 138 (but it has to be muscular, not flabby) so we'll see what happens. anyone else who is close to that should add me... it's easier to support people who have the same goal :)

I'm also doing turbo fire and eating a low carb diet
  • nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" as well. my goal weight is 138, which gives me 2lbs to play with
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just wondering any ladies (or men!) that are on the taller than average side... havent figured what my GOAL weight is...
    Im currently just under 168.. im seeing 140pounds as a good starting point tho :)
    I would always suggest the middle lower end of the BMI range for healthy adults: between 126 and 135 - depending of your body fat percentages and lean body mass.

I am not one of those scale deists; body fat is a much more telling measurement.
    You can find yours here for free:
    Body Fat
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!