C25K: starting today. Is there a way to log calories if no H

Options
I don't have a HRM and the C25K is a lot of walk run walk run, any suggestions on how to calculate and log this?

Replies

• zuchy
    zuchy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey badger, I started c25k today as well!
    I calculated calorie consuption downloading another app on my iphone, it's called Smart Runner and it's free. You just have to put in a some data (weight, height, age, sex etc...). Press start as you start your workout, stop when you're done, and it calculates speed, time, distance and calories burned. It's very intuitive, I've only used once up to now, but it seems to do the job.
    Cheers :smile:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    oooh sounds great. Can it run concurrently with my C25K app do you think?
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i log the amount of time i spend briskly walking, running, and the my cool down walk is always 5 min.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The C25k app I have calculates your calorie burn
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I use livestrong.com/myplate for calorie burn. I did C25K last year, but it was all on a treadmill which will give you most of the stats you need. But, for strength training I use livestrong since I don't have a HRM. It's fairly accurate and has more exercise options than MFP. Worth a shot.
  • Amie_LR
    Amie_LR Posts: 50
    Options
    The C25k app I have calculates your calorie burn

Do you mind me asking which app it is you use?
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have to ask - are you a honey badger?

Anyway, I would just use walk or run as an average of speed. For example, when I do intervals on a treadmill I might average at 4.5 mph. I log walking at 4.5. It's easy to do this on a treadmill because most of them will tell you average speed (just make sure you do it before you start a cool down).
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm going outdoors for my training. I don't have a treadmill and am not getting a gym membership anytime soon. It's about 30 degrees warmer than usual today, just above freezing. I got winter traction aids for my shoes and adidas sennheiser headphones for my birthday yesterday so I'm pumped to go out.

ETA: Not a honey badger lol. Think badger badger mushroom mushroom snake!!!! snake!!!!

Also, apparently I cannot spell today.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm going outdoors for my training. I don't have a treadmill and am not getting a gym membership anytime soon. It's about 30 degrees warmer than usual today, just above freezing. I got winter traction aids for my shoes and adidas sennheiser headphones for my birthday yesterday so I'm pumped to go out.

ETA: Not a honey badger lol. Think badger badger mushroom mushroom snake!!!! snake!!!!

Also, apparently I cannot spell today.

That's even better!
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i just log the minutes i spend in each interval, so the total minutes i spend running for that workout and then log the minutes for walking seprately
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I used Endomondo and it tracked my calorie burn.