Anyone workout at night after work?

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Cut your dinner in half and add the shake. ON whey protein (1 scoop) + banana + no suger almond milk = 250ish calories
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Man...trying to be a hot Mom SUCKS!!!! I have to work out after a long days work, long commute (makes me sleepy) and after dinner and dishes are done, but before baths and ironing and all that other jazz..Then I can't sleep so I clean up and use melatonin, which I don't suggest for everyone.I eat first and it forces me to exeercise or I will be over and I am fighting this so hard I refuse to go over. Good luck!!

"Man...trying to be a hot Mom SUCKS!!!! Haha! So true!!! :-)

Thanks for the melatonin idea... I'll have to look into that.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I try to eat protein on the way to the gym....a chicken breast, or nuts, or something. I can't do protein shakes before I work out. Gives me heartburn. Trying to be a hot mom definitely sucks!! Especially a single hot mom :).
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I leave home at 7:15, get to work at 8:30am, and get back home a few min before 6pm. Traffic is a big deal where I live, so it takes forever to get to-and-from work. I use my lunch break to take a long walk, and sometimes i walk after i eat dinner, meditate (pray), play w/my birds, and relax - at around 7pm.

I usually have barely any calories left for lunch. I tend to eat most of my calories at Lunch. I have acid reflux when I eat too much for dinner, then go to bed- even if its a couple of hours in between.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I almost always do my workouts at night after the kids go to bed. And I eat the same number of calories no matter what, so the days I don't exercise, I'm over, but that's usually just 1 day per week or less. :) I'm usually a bit under my goal anyway, so then I figure that evens it out ;)
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do. I get home at 5 and exercise around 5:30-6:30.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I work 7am-7pm and I always take all 3 meals and 2 snacks to work with me. So, I get into the gym a little after 7 until usually 8-8:15. I only eat back exercise calories if I am hungry. Usually after I get home from the gym I will have a spoonful of peanut butter or a handful of almonds or something.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I never eat back my exercise calories! I am at the gym for at least 2 hours after work which means I don't get home until about 8:30pm. After gym, I have a high protein dinner and a protein shake to accompany my dinner. My carb intake is extremely limited after 5pm. This is the formula that works for me and I am losing weight like crazy! :)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I do............
  • Imarunner65
    Options
    I always work out in the morning, I like to get it done before the day begins to unravel. I take my work clothes with me and get ready at the gym. I find that if I wait until after work, somwtimes things come up and I cant go. If that happens too many days in a row it makes it that much harder to go back.
  • ljb82
    ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually don't get off work until 10pm so evening workouts area must for me. Plus I find it helps prevent me from eating late at night since I'm not home and usually go right to sleep once I'm done :)
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Not sure what effect this would have - but how about having a post workout snack (something with lots of protein) and eating the rest the day after? I would have thought it would even out over the week.

Would be interested to know what others who know more think.

This is what I was thinking last night while I was at the gym. I had already eaten dinner and I was almost right at my calories for the day. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to eat when I got home so I thought maybe I would look at the week as a whole instead of each day. When I use the app on my phone is has a "weekly" tab that I don't see on the computer.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Not sure what effect this would have - but how about having a post workout snack (something with lots of protein) and eating the rest the day after? I would have thought it would even out over the week.

This is what I was thinking last night while I was at the gym. I had already eaten dinner and I was almost right at my calories for the day. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to eat when I got home so I thought maybe I would look at the week as a whole instead of each day. When I use the app on my phone is has a "weekly" tab that I don't see on the computer.

If you wre at your calories for the day w/o adding the exercise then you would have plenty of room for a protein shake.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

I pay more attention to my weekly too
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My week day workouts are all done after work. I usually finish between 5-6.30pm. I walk home and that takes around 30 mins. I usualy have a snack before I leave work.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    My workouts are usually around 8pm or so after the kiddo is in bed so I'll eat dinner earlier and then I'll have a snack (try to have a protein snack) after my workout. I usually don't eat back all of my exercise calories.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options

If you wre at your calories for the day w/o adding the exercise then you would have plenty of room for a protein shake.

I haven't bought any yet. I was wishing I had.....I always go over on my grocery "allowance".....
  • Jeff92se
    Options

I haven't bought any yet. I was wishing I had.....I always go over on my grocery "allowance".....

Understood. You can still eat though. I ran out of whey protein and have eating chobanis to try to make up the protein diff. But these things are $1 each! lol
  • KelEScott
    Options
    I've learned that the biggest meal should be lunch. This seems to make sense in regards to a PM work out so that you know how much you need to or want to burn before dinner - and if you dont burn any at all, you know to have corrots and celery for dinner haha. I'm trying to convince myself to work out in the AM... so far only walking on my lunch hour and eating lunch at my desk before lunch. So far so good.