Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat and Happy

Well not so happy, but I got your attention.

My name is Stephen and since I got out of the military 6 years ago my weight has been going up and up and up. Time for a change. After trying every diet program under the sun over the last 10 years i contacted Kaiser to be reviewed for Gastric Bypass. I am also a Diabetic on insulin with a BMI of 40%. The worst part, I am only 34 years old.

The good thing about Kaiser is they make you go through a 12 week class to learn about the surgery, your feelings, and how to eat. Plus they require you lose at least 10% of your weight before you even qualify for the surgery. . Since I have started the class October 1st, I have lost 19 pounds just by being on a 2k calorie day. Excersise is few and far between. I hate winter. Leave for work in the dark, 30 degree's, and return from work in the dark, 40 degree's.

Just want to say thanks to MFP for the App to help me track food. That makes life so easy.

Replies

• well done Stephen on your loss thats great
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Good luck Stephen!

Feel free to add me as a friend so I can check up on you ;) Thank you for your service!