30 Day Shred - Your opinions!

Options
13»

Replies

• alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Most people post the 30DS under circuit training - general. I have done 3 days of the 30DS. It truly is a love/hate relationship but it's amazing how much stronger you will feel after a couple sessions and how many more of one exercise you can do. For your first session, I suggest to tone down the cardio at the beginning of the dvd ie jumping jacks or the jump rope and then finish strong.
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how others log it. I'm thinking it would fall under calisthenics - vigorous effort?

Saw this asked in a previous thread. You log it as 'Circuit Training, General' :smile:
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I can totally feel my body changing. I do it in the morning and do cardio at the gym at night. I think that the 30ds is doing me the most good. :) Can't wait to see how things look at the end of it!
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I did t 30 Day Shred last winter and really enjoyed, but slowly lost my motivation. I couldn't do the jumping jacks...even with two sports bras on I felt a lot of breast pain, so I just jogged in place during those parts. I'm curious how others log it. I'm thinking it would fall under calisthenics - vigorous effort?

I always logged it under "circuit training, general" but now I have my heart rate monitor so I just add it that way
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS a few years ago yes it is quick and challenging but I just could not ignore the thumb your nose/tough guy/bootcamp type feel to it. It was not motivating for me to continue and I ended up going back to my other video's and now am a memeber of the gym which seems to be working
  • numbergirl11
    numbergirl11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    T
  • numbergirl11
    numbergirl11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it really works, and it's quick, instead of taking hours. I also have "Ripped in 30" and it's set up the same way. Sometimes I have to put it on mute because she gets annoying after 7 days, but I have to say, results are awesome

There is actually a sound setting on the DVD where you can listen to it with just music and no voice. It sounds like you should definitely do that. :)
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    If you live in an area with Meijer, they have 30DS on sale for $7.99 this week.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you live in an area with Meijer, they have 30DS on sale for $7.99 this week.

I picked up a copy a Walmart after Christmas for $5.00. I have it on iTunes but I thought for $5.00 why not have another copy so I can loan it out to friends. ; )
  • Shauniie28
    Options
    its worth it. i am currently doing it and i am on level 3, i only did 3 days of level 2 because i personally cant do those workout inside of a apartment building living above people. so level 3 is much better. I do 'punching' when the jumping jack come up because i did them for 13 days straight and my mother complain alot about making noise on my neigbors. BUT overall its a great workout and it burn... i love love the squats and her abs workouts
  • michelerich77
    michelerich77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OOHH I did it yesterday, and ummmm.. I am HURTING in places I didnt think would ever hurt!!!! My thighs feel like there are ROCKS in them! BUT... Im gonna do it again tonight! lol... Glutten for punishment I guess!

BUT she is tough, I cant even get a drink of water in! lol

Good luck kiddo!!!