Multi Vitamin help?!

Options
I started a new multivitamin today. (Women's One a day) I ate my breakfast and drank a lot of water with it (as it was HUGE). I have been feeling a little queasy this morning. Before I was taking just one Flintsone vitamin (to join with my children's morning routine) but decided I needed to be a big girl and take big girl vitamins. I am a whimp when it comes to taking pills, maybe I should be cutting them in half and taking them in two seperate times during the day or morning? Will the queasiness go away after my body gets used to the new change? I know I need it, and so I don't want to stop taking it. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it's needed?
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to be anemic and I know I am not getting my recommended calcium intake for a day.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My system cannot tolerate the women's one a day pills. There is just something about the formula that makes me feel bad all day long. I've found two big girl vitamins that are easy on my system. One is the One a Day Vitacraves Gummies. The other is the Alive! Women's Energy multivitamin. Both are easy on the system. The gummies are easier to take. The Alive! pills are huge, but the vitamin list is impressive.

Good luck
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Yes, and I believe it is the iron in the pill. I take my vitamin before I go to bed at night.

Oh and I recently found out that the One a Day Active Metabolism vitamin contains a bunch of caffeine. Not sure if that's the one you're taking but thought I would share that.
  • amiller6170
    Options
    Well multivitamins i hear actually have to much of vitamins in them so your body does not use them all and expels a lot of it throughout the day, you may be better off cutting them in half and taking a half each day, your getting vitamins that way and the rest should come from your food. I am the same way with vitamins no matter how much i eat.drink beforehand i will get sick, specially anything with a lot of iron in it. Try just taking half at a time and see how you feel, and if you haven't been already, take it with breakfast, or on a full stomach.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Definitely split it and take it in two doses, and always take it after you've eaten.
  • bestme10
    bestme10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to have trouble taking multivitamins, too. I found that if I took at night, I either didn't have stomach issues or I slept through them. :) I have done the children's chewables in the past as well, and found they were much easier on my stomach. If all else fails, I would just stick with those.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! All this info will help me! I appreciate it!
  • ubaware2
    Options
    I totally hate taking pills too! I switched to liquid vitamins cause I was told that your body can absorb more of them (plus I don't have to swallow a stupid pill) The multi-vitamin I take has like 240 different nutrients in it and it did make me feel a little icky when i first started taking it if I didn't eat enough food with it, but I got used to it and as long as I take it with food I'm fine. I order it from this website 2day.awarenesslife.com if you want to check it out.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Here is a weird story for you all. Several months ago, our company was purchased by another company, which was very stressful. I noticed that at 3-4pm like clock work, every single day, my body would ache from head to toe. I was thinking it was stress, sitting at my desk job, etc. but I have been doing this work for 15+ yrs and have never felt this bad

It literally felt like I was hit by a truck every day. I was then trying to think what else may have changed back then.....one guess was that I ran out of my Men's MV from GNC and have not been taking one. So I did further research and purchased Animal Pak which contains 11 pills in a pack. Could not believe that the pain was gone and has been since. The stress level is still the same but no more pain. So I was certainly missing something in my diet although I have been eating very well.

Just thought I would pass this along in case any others have ever felt this way......
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I agree with this post - before bed seems a strange time to take a multivitamin - I take mine in the middle of my breakfast as I understand that in order to process them properly your digestion needs to be active but your stomach not too full.

Usually a multivitamin will state 'take with food'?
  • huebnerh
    Options
    I take my vitamins at night if they upset my stomach. that is what I had to do with my prenatal vitamins. I would try the one a day gummy ones and see if those are better since you were use to the gummies anyway... Just a thought. I take Neways Maximol and that I just take as a shot or put it in my juice. I also heard you absorb them into your body better if they are liquid. I can get that info. to you if interested. :)