Black beans?

Options
2»

Replies

• prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use canned black beans, but I rinse them really, REALLY well. I usually mix them with a little quinoa or couscous, green onions/chives, a touch of olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, sometimes corn and/or avocado... I've added cooked shrimp or chicken for protein from time to time.

Sometimes I'll also mix black beans with cooked brown rice, corn and some fresh salsa. If I have the calories available, I'll put a little shredded cheese on top. Super cheap, and super yummy!

Now I'm craving black beans!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    salsa with corn and black beans .. add chicken and chili and you have a chili.. otherwise you can use it with kashi crackers or baked tortillas
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Wow, Karaicy, that looks amazing.

Spices make all the difference in the world. I don't really have a recipe but I have a base recipe with some varying spice combinations that I'll put over various things, black beans, garbanzo beans, eggplant, other vegetables, whatever. Even hard boiled eggs works. I'm not a particularly precise cook (and I like things strongly spiced), so it can and should be adjusted to your particular tastes.

http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-georgian-eggplant Here's a link to the recipe. Eggplant was what I discussed here because the whole thing started with an eggplant dish, and then I started putting different spices in it and I've definitely substituted the eggplant with beans and it's been really, really tasty.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i love black bean soup.. i will make it up and bring it for lunch at work.

you can do canned or you can do a bag doesn't matter
    3 cans of black beans
    1can of rotel
    1 can of chicken broth
    bag of chop'd carrots
    1/2 can of water
    garlic to taste
    just add it all together and simmer for abt 20min or until carrots are soft.

add a little FF sour cream, or cheese and its soooo awesome!