Need Help - Need Friends!!

Options
Just found this app yesterday when I started checking up on some calories in my meals. I've been planning on getting back on track for new years, but didn't actually have a plan. This app is going to help immensely!! I've gone up and down at least 4 times in the last two years, and can't do it again. I need to go down, and stay down. I'm not in a race to drop this time around, but am really looking for long term effectiveness. That being said, I'm absolutely serious and would love nothing more than the support and encouragement of others, and I promise I'll give the same in return!! Let's do this!!

Replies

• Balletsax
    Balletsax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Good luck with everything, MFP has been great for support and I see almost nothing but positive comments from everyone which has been amazing, exactly what we all need! :)
  • minivanmachoman
    minivanmachoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am in the same boat, I had a large weight loss about 10 years ago and then have gone up and down over the past few years. I would also like to stay down and for the long haul! Welcome! You'll love MFP, great app and website and lots of encouragement on here.
  • vam6397
    Options
    hey there! first time i'm trying this.. i have about 65 lbs to lose... I have a good feeling about it this time!! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! Been fighting it for years and now I have Health problems that can end up being serious if I dont fix things NOW!

Add me and we will support each other!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello and feel free to add me, sent request
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. MFP is the only thing that's ever worked for me. It's been a great tool for teaching me to eat in moderation.

I've only been here since August and prior to that I was just hitting the gym hard and getting nowhere. Now I feel like I have direction and support. I know how much I need to exercise and how much I can eat. That's been a game changer for me.

I can honestly say that for the first time in 10 years, I feel healthy.
  • gottaloseit527
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago and love it already. I know that the support and positivity will prove to be the biggest help now and in the long run. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • dekesta23
    Options
    Thanks! I'm excited!
  • thesalezgoddess
    Options
    Great for you. I love this finess pal app. MY daughter and on are doing it with me!
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    I also just downloaded app a few days ago and I also have had significant WL (73 lbs), I'm on MFP to lose the last 20. Will add you b/c I only have 2 friends so far!
  • Stevebone42
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing, riding that roller coaster. My weight fluctuates, but as soon as I start doing good I sabotage myself but good! I've only been on here a few days but it's got a good feel to it. Good luck,
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    good luck and feel free to add me
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I log in everyday to support my MFP friends as well as assist myself. I do check food diaries and comment.. so if your up to it feel free to add me.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request. Setting an example for your new arrival is great incentive. One of my motivations to start my journey a year ago was to set an example for both of my kids. I will do what I can to help motivate/encourage/inspire you along your journey. Its time to get your fierce on!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) This site has helped me tremendously. I know some people are thinking that noone understands what they're going through..take a half an hour and search around on the forums and blogs, and i will guarantee you will come across tons of people that are going through the same exact thing you are.. The people here are amazing, and very supportive. feel free to add me :)
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    New to this also but already loving it. Can't believe how many lovely people are here and the best thing is that we're all supporting each other. We can do it!! Feel free to add me too.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcoming you all to MFP. Its a great tool to help with your weight loss goal. You can all feel free to add me since I am always open to new friends. Best Wishes.
  • cheekymommy
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :-) I am always looking for people to help keep me on track and accountable!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too! Would love to have more MFP's for the support and encouragement :). I'll send a Friend Request. Others feel free to add me YLEAL12 too :). Going to be successful this year!!
  • frogman4591
    Options
    I have been slowly gaining weight even though I know better. I like this app because it goes where I go and that way I can log my foods when I eat them. Keeping track of my exercise is an added bonus. Plus having a network of friends to push me along. Please feel free to add me as a friend.