Thoughts on Polar FT7

Hi!

I am starting to think about purchasing a heart rate monitor, and from the various reviews I have read, Polar Ft7 seems like the best option. I am planning to use it mainly for running and at home workouts with JM dvds. What are your thoughts? Have you had any problems with it or maybe you can recommend a different HRM in the same price range?

Another thing - I would like to purchase a heart rate monitor which also tracks my distance and speed while running someday (I do realize that these can get expensive). Any thoughts about that? Can such HRMs be used for other exercises besides running? (sorry for the stupid question :D)

Thanks a lot!

Replies

• lorification
    lorification Posts: 29 Member
    Glad you asked this, as I am also considering the Polar FT7.
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    I have been using an FT7 for several months and love it. No problems, but make sure you run the strap under water before wearing so that you maintain a good connection.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Just the question I was wondering about too!! I was looking at the FT4 vs FT7....
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    I have a polar ft4 and love it - use it for everything, step class, combat, using the wii, running, gym machines, weights, any exercise you can use it for including swimming - just dont press buttons under water.

I have seen the FT7 on sale in decathlon though at the moment for about £30 - i would so buy this!! really cheap and its polar so you know its going to be good! :D go for it, you wont regret it honestly!

Just reread the OP - it wont track ur distance if u want one of these ud have to buy a specific one for that purpose but i presume that most would work as an ordinary heart rate monitor if u used it for a different exercise
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    I have had my FT7 for a week and love it but it does not have a GPS