Calling all Bridesmaids for 2012!

Options
2»

Replies

• MumOfGirlsOnly
    MumOfGirlsOnly Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am my sisters MOH in her September wedding. I'm aiming to lose 60lb by my birthday in August so as a plus I'll look great for her wedding. She has Cyan, Electric Blue and Indigo as her colours (for the grammar nazi's that word is not spelt wrong I'm an Aussie and we spell it with an U) for BM dresses and I want to do justice to the dress, plus the groom's sister hates me and I wanna look better then her. She is mad she isn't MOH and has already made snide comments on how I'll look in the photos.
  • anj911
    anj911 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am being a bridesmaid for the first time this year at the age of 42! The other bridesmaids are 2 young teens and a twenty something size 10. I'm hoping to get from a large (UK) size 18 to a 14 or small 16 by May! :bigsmile:
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in 2013...=( can I still be a part of the club?
  • WanderingBomb
    WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a brides maide this year!!!! wedding is in august! feel free to add me ladies!
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid too!! For one of my best mates. The dress is GORGEOUS though so I'm really lucky in that regard. I am hoping to lose 20 kg by the wedding in October. Feel free to add me if you want! We can keep each other motivated!
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am one this year in April! And one in June of 2013! Great way to keep me motivated to keep the weight off!!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've been a bridesmaid quite a few times in the last couple years. Unfortunately most of my friends and sister decided to get married when I was at my weight high. lol By the way bridesmaid dress sizing is different than regular sizing. Be prepared for the number to be 1-2 sizes bigger. (They should totally vanity size those suckers). Do NOT order smaller thinking you will fit into it by then. Not a good idea, they can usually let out maybe an inch but alterations are very expensive and it's cheaper to take in then take all the seams out to let out. And you don't want the big day to arrive and you have to tell the bride that your dress doesn't zip. I always had a problem because I have a smallish waist and big hips so to accomodate the hips I'd have to order really big where it was falling down on top, so alteration city. My brides were usually good at letting the bridesmaids decide on dresses, we did all wear the same one but came to a consensus and she had the color and the final vote. Trying them on is hard to see what works since they usually only have gowns in size 6 or so, so they let you try it on with the back open and you can't really tell how it will fit. lol I just figure it is their pictures so if they pick dresses that make the maids look ugly, we will ruin their pictures not ours. As long as you don't "tag" me in the unflattering ones, I don't care. :) And spanx is hard to get on and off when you really have to pee quick.
  • nallbaby10
    Options

Me too....sisters bridesmaid 2013 :-)
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am co-chief bridesmaid for my twin sisters wedding on August 4th! We bought our dresses last july, they are very flattering and suit all 3 of us even though we are all completely different. I chose a uk12, I am usually a uk16 so my aim is to fit into the dress. My sister is also a bit of a bridezilla but I am forgiving her because as we share a birthday this is truly 'Her Day'

We are all so excited as she's the first to marry so I am determined to look good at her wedding! I'm growing my hair even though I love it short and I am in the process of going back to being a brunette as she doesn't want me to have red hair.

Before we bought the dresses her fiance joked that she should buy the dresses smaller than we all are and if we don't fit into them then we can't come to the wedding!

Did I mention my twin is a size uk6!!!!
  • Chaquilas
    Chaquilas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am not a bridesmaid this year. However, I am the wedding coordinator for my cousin's wedding in July. I am feeling a lot of pressure. I will have alot of running around to do that week and especially that day. She is getting married at a botanical garden so there is a lot of ground to cover. I just recently was able to start back going grocery shopping so I have WORK TO DO. I believe we all can do it ladies. It will be so great to look the way you want to in the pictures. Thanks to the bride, you will see those pics almost everyday for months to come after the wedding, : )
  • amandarose24
    Options
    I'm going to be one in July 14th and I would love to be part of this support group. My ultimate goal is 25-30 lbs by the time I turn 30 next January, but for the wedding I'm thinking of it in terms of dress size rather than worrying about reaching my weight goal by then. We tried on dresses in October, but I think the official fitting to order the dresses is March (the dresses can be taken in up to, I believe, 3 sizes before the wedding). When we tried them on the first time I fit into an 8, but I'd love to be at least a 6 by the wedding.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Me too....sisters bridesmaid 2013 :-)

Yes =) my sister made me her Matron of honor. I'm so excited for her!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    i'm a birdesmaid for my sister july 1... wish i had found this site before i got married in september 2011!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be my cousin's maid of honor. I already have my dress and it's too big on me now! Going to have to have it altered :D Pretty excited to look hot in it ;-)
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Me!! Im my best friends Maid of Honor! Im not loosing weight for that reason though, but I am way self contious and I dont want to be at her wedding. I am freaking excited for her and her amazing fiance. So far the wedding is next September, but she had some set backs so the date might change either way Im totally for this!
  • leah_8303
    leah_8303 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am going be the MOH at my best friends wedding in June ahhh Soo nervous bout trying on dresses, I am soo excited for her but dreading trying on dresses Help !! . not sure when we are going for fittings yet . but want to lose before then feel little more confident walking down the aisle . I hate trying on clothes especially dresses i tried get a dress for church I cried in the dressing room .. im sick of it .. But goodluck to all the 2012 bridemaids feel free to send motivation/support my way .
  • alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I too, am a bridesmaid this year. The wedding's in August. I'm so surprised there are so many others on here!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    what does your bridesmaid dress look like? here is mine.... haven't ordered it yet, she told me i have until end of feb. so i want to see how much more i can lose by then...dress.jpg