Any women want to know what weight to shoot for your height

Options
2»

Replies

• mstankowski
    mstankowski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's great to see what the progress will look like.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That''s great for the visualisation of my goal weight - because I've never been near it before, I can't just 'remember how I used to look'! Thanks for sharing :)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't talking to a doctor, nutritionist, another medical professional, or maybe even a personal trainer be a better way of deciding what a healthy, attainable weight for you is? Another alternative is that as you approach your "healthy weight range" (based on BMI), you can *kitten* how you feel, what your fitness goals are, etc. to decide if you want to keep losing weight, or if you're happy where you are. You might even try losing more weight, but find that doing so requires unhealthy levels of restriction for you.

Also, keep in mind that weight can look very different on different people, especially if they have different body composition. Being the same weight as someone else, or even the same clothing size, doesn't necessarily mean your body will look like theirs.

Which is why it is neat to go look at this site, photos are categorized buy weight, height and body shape (apple, pear, hour glass) and there are may pics in all areas. Gives you a variety. Many people like me who have been heavy most of their adult life, have a poor concept of what they really look like. I was checking out the pics of ladies who are my height and current weight, and they all seemed smaller to me. I had to put my pictures and their side by side with my head cut off, to really compare. It made me realize, wow, I really DO look that good! My self image is not the same as my actual image.
    Thank you OP for helping me see the truth!
  • anilyze
    anilyze Posts: 67
    Options
    Wouldn't talking to a doctor, nutritionist, another medical professional, or maybe even a personal trainer be a better way of deciding what a healthy, attainable weight for you is? Another alternative is that as you approach your "healthy weight range" (based on BMI), you can *kitten* how you feel, what your fitness goals are, etc. to decide if you want to keep losing weight, or if you're happy where you are. You might even try losing more weight, but find that doing so requires unhealthy levels of restriction for you.

Also, keep in mind that weight can look very different on different people, especially if they have different body composition. Being the same weight as someone else, or even the same clothing size, doesn't necessarily mean your body will look like theirs.

THIS.

Height isn't everything. We're all built differently and carry weight differently. Not everyone who shares the same height and weight would look similar enough to choose a goal weight based on just appearance. Hell... At age 30 today I am the same height and weight as I was when I was 18, but I look VERY different and am carrying that weight differently now and I'm THE SAME PERSON.
    This resource may give one a fuzzy idea (but then again so would BMI), but really it's going to be highly individualized and variable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!