Help! Daily goal calories & exercise?

Options
Hi Everyone

Thank you for the excellent forum comments - they are really keeping me motivated after a binge-fest over Christmas!

I've been using this site for a while but I've never really put my heart into it. I've now decided to take charge and really go for it as it's just pointless complaining when I can do something to fix the problem!

My first challenge (and New Year's resolution) has been to get moving. Any activity for 30mins a day. It's not that I never used to exercise, but I get bored quickly and if I can't see results, I wonder what the point is! Looking at this forum with the before and after shots has inspired me to take some pics now to prove that the effort is worth it!

I've cycled, walked, zumba'd and used the Wii so far this week (for at least 30mins a day but sometimes more) and am really starting to feel that this target may be the one for me!

My main issue is with food. I wouldn't say I'm too bad with junk food and sweet snacks - I rarely have them in the house (except over Christmas). In the past, I've noticed I struggled to eat 1200 calories a day (this is my current daily goal atm), yet on the weekends I probably gorge on takeaways and meals in resturants. I think this behaviour has been counter-active as my body is starving all week and absorbing as much fat as possible on the weekends.

Now I've started my new plan, I'm sticking to the 1200 calories required but with the extra exercise, my allowance has increased. Am I supposed to eat 1200 calories a day + whatever I burn off during the exercise? If I do eat the extra, will this speed my metabolism and be more beneficial than just sticking to the 1200 calories? I've got a good stone and a half to two stone (optimum goal) to lose and any tips would be really helpful right now!

Thanks for reading! :-)