Balancing the feast with the famine

Options
I recently had a conversation with someone who believed my approach to weight loss isn't healthy. I agree with him but don't know how else to do it:

During the week, I have a regimented routine and pretty much eat the same thing and exercise the same ways. At the end of every day, according to My Fitness Pal, I'm between 600-900 calories in the green.

On the weekends however, I don't exercise and I don't mind what I'm eating as much. Because I don't have a set routine on the weekends (like I do at work on the weekdays), my food intake is much less regulated and I tend to overeat. I also (as a rule) don't exercise on the weekends - it's my time off from the gym. As a result, according to My Fitness Pal, I'm between 1200-1800 calories in the red.

But at the end of the week, it balances out! And I have been seeing slow (but steady) weight loss. However, I noticed that my blood pressure has been consistently low and during the months where I really push myself, it's been quite low.

My friend told me my approach wasn't healthy and that I should try to achieve a balance of eating just the right amount every day. This way is much easier for me but I'm not sure it's the healthiest. Does anyone have any feedback/suggestions?

Thanks!